The Master in Business with Financial Management has been designed as an industry-focused postgraduate course for graduates with a strong quants, accounting, economics or finance in their undergraduate degree. The course combines the development of management skills with advanced financial skills, leading to financial management roles for organisations outside of the finance industry.
This course is suitable for both experienced corporate finance and financial management practitioners who want to add to their skills, and those looking for a career in the area.
At the heart of every nation’s economy, finance offers a world of interesting, challenging and highly lucrative careers. This makes competition for jobs intense, especially in financial management. This course is a combination of two highly successful courses Accounting and Finance the International Business Management – both of which have established an international reputation for excellence. It is an intensive, thorough and challenging programme, designed to give you the theoretical and practical skills essential for managing today’s businesses. Working in a large, modern, international organisation, a medium sised company or even a small start-up firm requires a range of business capabilities. The most valuable employees are those who combine an understanding of the various parts of a business with the skills of being a quick learner and team player with leadership potential.
The MSc Business with Financial Management programme will give students the general business knowledge and understanding as well as the personal skills needed for a wide variety of roles. Specialist modules cover corporate financial management and international financial markets and institutions. You’ll gain a theoretical understanding and analytical skills that will help you succeed in the competitive, rewarding environment of finance and business.
The Master in Business with Financial Management course culminates in either a master dissertation or, if you prefer, a consultancy project where you’ll tackle an issue faced by a real client. Throughout the course there’s a focus on self-development and employability.
There is no requirement to have studied business or finance at undergraduate level.
Course Length: 1 years;
Start dates: January, May, September
- Developing Global Management Competencies I
- Strategic Management for Competitive Advantage
- Dissertation Preparation and Research Methods
- Academic and Professional Development
- Developing Global Management Competencies II
- International Financial Markets and Institutions
- Corporate Financial Management
- The Newcastle Business School Masters Dissertation
* The units can vary, depending on the optional modules which your institution will choose for the course structure.
You will be taught through a mix of lectures, seminars and workshops to enable you to grow your knowledge of the business world. Assessment for this programme takes place through group work, assignments and presentations giving you multiple methods for you to show your understanding of the course material.
Financial managers are responsible for the financial health of an organisation. They produce financial reports, direct investment activities, and develop strategies and plans for the long-term financial goals of their organisation. The role of the financial manager, particularly in business, is changing in response to technological advances that have substantially reduced the amount of time it takes to produce financial reports. Financial managers’ main responsibility used to be monitoring a company’s finances, but they now do more data analysis and advice senior managers on ways to maximise profits. They often work on teams, acting as business advisors to top executives.
Example of job opportunities for graduate with a Master in Business with Financial Management:
- Branch Managers /Director
- Financial Controllers
- Financial Manager
- Finance officer
- finance and control manager
- finance chief
- finance director
- financial administrator
- financial audit manager
- financial control manager
- financial director
- financial planning and advisory service manager
- financial planning and analysis manager
- financial planning and reporting manager/director
- financial resources service co-ordinator
- financing and administration director
- accounting and financial control chief
- collections department manager
- Managing Director
- Chief financial officer
- Credit manager
- Cash manager
- International Finance Manager
- Risk manager
- Insurance managers
- Branch Manager
- Business Strategist
- Strategic Accountant
- Head of Corporate Finance
- Applicants are required to submit proof of Bachelor Degree Diploma;
- For candidates with over 5 years’ experience at a managerial level but without an undergraduate degree the programme leader will review applicants based upon their suitability for the course;
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language;
- Applicants must bring their original certificates when coming for registration;
The Tuition Fee of the course will vary depending on the institution you wish to study in, as well as your status in the UK. The course is available for UK/EU and International Students as well. Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite stay, who wants to apply for a postgraduate course you can receive support from the government via Student Loan Company. If you’re starting a master’s degree, you could get a Postgraduate Master’s Loan of up to £10,609 to help with course fees and living costs. You won’t have to pay back the loan until after your course, when you’re earning above a certain level.