The main aim of the Level 3 Diploma in Nail Technology is to enable learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to provide nail technology to the general public and to gain employment in the beauty industry. This qualification also provides opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as a nail technician.
Level 3 Diploma in Nail Technology Studies is a technical level qualification that provides learners with the knowledge, understanding and skills to work as a nail technician.
This qualification includes all the required elements to work effectively as a nail technician including: enhance and maintain nails using UV gel and liquid and powder.
The art of airbrush design is taught including the use of electrical files and the application and design of nail art.
You will also develop your understanding and skills by selecting a number of optional specialist units which include: designing and creating nail art, air brush designs, enhancing nails with electric files, wraps, promoting products and contributing to the financial effectiveness of a business.
Throughout this qualification you will develop your knowledge and understanding of relevant anatomy and physiology, health and safety, client care, client care and communication, applying and maintaining nail enhancements using either ultra-violet gel or liquid and powder, nail art using both manual and airbrush techniques, electric filing techniques, how to promote products and services and business and teamwork skills.
You will develop a range of technical skills in nail enhancements, using a variety of different products, tools and techniques. You will also develop interpersonal skills that will assist you to communicate effectively with clients.
Course Length: 3 – 6 months;
Start dates: January April, July, September;
- Care of the nails on the hand including hand massage and application of polish
- Care of the nails on the feet including foot massage and application of polish
- Applying and maintaining nail enhancements
- Nail tips
- Acrylic nails
- Gel nails
- Nail wraps
- Designing and applying nail art
- The use of airbrush techniques in nail art design
- The use of electric files to enhance the nails
* The units can vary, depending on the optional modules which your institution will choose for the course structure.
You will be assessed through ongoing practical observations carried out within a realistic working environment, portfolio evidence, external examinations and a graded synoptic assessment.
This course gives you the opportunity to enter employment or progress to further or higher education.
This qualification will prepare you for employment as a nail technician. You will also be eligible to join a professional association and gain insurance as a nail technician.
Examples of jobs opportunities for a Level 3 Diploma in Nail Technology graduate:
- Working in commercial nail and beauty
- Working in a retail concession / nail bar
- Working independently/self-employed/mobile/home-based settings
- Applicants must be 19+, motivated to study with a clear intention to progress to a higher education course;
- There are flexible qualification requirements for admission, but all applicants will be interviewed during the admissions process.
- Entry onto this qualification can be via previous attainment of a Level 2 qualification in beauty therapy and/or a successful skills test and interview.
You can choose to fund this course yourself. The Tuition Fee of the course will vary depending on the institution you wish to study in, as well as your status in the UK. Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite Stay, you can receive support from the government via 19+Advanced Learning Loan to cover tuition fees costs while studying, depending on your circumstances. These loans help learners aged 19 and over, to pay the fees charged by approved colleges and training organisations in England.
You can get a tuition fee loan to cover your full course fees. You only start to pay back your student loan after you finish studying and are earning over £21,000 a year.