The course is designed for those who wish to extend their capability for an accelerated early career in cyber/information security. With the dramatic increase in high-profile cyber security incidents reported in the media, the demand for highly skilled security professionals is growing significantly as businesses across the globe seek to protect their networks and data. You will learn how to identify new and existing cyber threats and determine methods and processes to minimise attacks. Gain skills in a real-life business context, by cracking passwords and wireless networks and testing web applications for vulnerabilities and security breaches.
Cyber security is a priority for governments and organisations throughout the world. We’ll work together to explore how organisations and individuals can take action to protect themselves online from cyber-attacks. We’ll begin by understanding networks and operating systems, how they work and the strengths and weaknesses of them. You’ll then think like a hacker, working from the inside out, as you recognise the threats to an organisation and its resources, and learn to implement and test secure systems.
This course will prepare you for a successful career in the various roles directly and indirectly connected to the world of computer, network and information security.
The Master in Cyber Security course would suit students who have completed a first degree in a computing subject (e.g. computer science, business computing) or a numerate subject (e.g. applied mathematics, engineering, physics) if that covered a significant computing component. This programme provides you with a critical understanding of information governance and assurance, combined with technology risk management practices. Focusing on the strategic deployment and implementation of cyber security within an organisation, you’ll cover all aspects of cyber security including network security, computer security and information security. You’ll gain skills in communicating information to higher levels of the corporation’s managers, giving you confidence to present your invaluable problem solving solutions and strategic security planning in any organisation. Cyber security concerns the technologies, methods, and practices employed to protect the virtual world – including computers, mobile devices, databases, networks and programs – from infiltration and attack by unauthorised individuals and organisations.
Course Length: 1 years;
Start dates: January, May, September
- Information Security and Governance
- Network Security
- Wireless Networks
- Information Assurance and Risk Management
- Ethical Hacking for Cyber Security
- Research and Project Management
* The units can vary, depending on the optional modules which your institution will choose for the course structure.
We’ll asses your knowledge and understanding through case studies in which you’ll design, implement and test the security strategy of an organisation. You’ll also complete in-class tests, written assignments, software projects and presentations as part of the course.
New cyber threats appear constantly, creating new and innovative career opportunities. And because any individual or organisation is a potential target for cyberattacks – from governments to banks to hospitals – cyber security professionals can find employment in a wide range of industries.
Example of job opportunities for graduate with a Master degree in Cyber Security:
- Applications Developer
- Database Administrator
- Network Architect/Engineer
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Risk Manager
- Senior IT Auditor
- Privacy Officer
- Data Protection Officer
- Data Security
- Cryptographer/ Cryptanalyst
- Cross-Platform Security Architect
- Penetration Tester
- Systems Analyst/Administrator
- Systems Engineer/Integrator
- Systems Developer
- Security Director/Manager
- Security Software Developer
- Security Engineer/Architect
- Security Consultant/Specialist
- Security Administrator/Researcher
- Disaster Recovery Specialist
- Forensic Computer Analyst
- Intrusion Detection Specialist
- Virus Technician
- Malware Analyst
- Penetration Tester
- Ethical Hacker
- Source Code Auditor
- Forensics Engineer
- Vulnerability Assessor
- Intrusion Detection Specialist
- Computer Security Incident Responder
- IT Security Consultant/Engineer
- Cyber Security Analyst/Specialist/Engineer
- Infrastructure Security Consultant
- Information Security Specialist/Manager
- Information Systems Manager
- Information Systems Security Engineer
- Information Assurance Officer
- Information Assurance Developer / Architect
- Chid Information Security Officer
- Global Information Security Director
- Global Head Of IT
- Software Developer
- Network Engineer
- Chief Security Officer
- Lead Software Security Engineer
- Cybersecurity Intelligence Analyst
- Applicants are required to submit proof of Bachelor Degree Diploma;
- For candidates with over 5 years’ experience at a managerial level but without an undergraduate degree the programme leader will review applicants based upon their suitability for the course;
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language;
- Applicants must bring their original certificates when coming for registration;
The Tuition Fee of the course will vary depending on the institution you wish to study in, as well as your status in the UK. The course is available for UK/EU and International Students as well. Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite stay, who wants to apply for a postgraduate course you can receive support from the government via Student Loan Company. If you’re starting a master’s degree, you could get a Postgraduate Master’s Loan of up to £10,609 to help with course fees and living costs. You won’t have to pay back the loan until after your course, when you’re earning above a certain level.