The BA/BSc (Hons) Business and Law course aims to provide students with knowledge of the key areas of both business and law subjects essential to a business and management environment. In today’s competitive, global economy knowledge of legal systems and business law gives managers that all important edge whilst an understanding of business functions and practice will benefit any law professional operating in business. Combining these two disciplines brings enhanced career options and a greater freedom of choice with routes to a range of careers in management, law, finance and banking and the public sector.
The course is structured to help you build on skills and knowledge that you have already acquired. By taking another year to gain a full honours degree, you will be making a very rewarding investment. Our course addresses the broader aspects of business organisation and management culture, while also providing an insight into corporate and consumer legislation, corporate regulation and other legal aspects of business enterprise.
You will be equipped with a real understanding of how legal considerations have an impact on virtually every aspect of management activity.
The BA/BSc (Hons) Law and Business degree will provide students with a deep knowledge and critical understanding of law and business theory and practice, in areas which include legal processes and skills, marketing, human resources, global business development, strategic management and International finance. Modern business and the legal system are inextricably linked. Lawyers represent commercial interest in both private and public sectors and require a thorough understanding of the mechanics of business structures and operations.
This programme will give a thorough grounding in English law and will examine the constraints it imposes and flexibility it allows during practice. It’s particularly suited to individuals aiming for careers in management within the legal arena, where a background in both law and business is pertinent. Upon graduation, intending solicitors will complete the Legal Practice Course and intending barristers will complete the Bar Professional Training Course.
Course Length: 1 years;
Start dates: January / May / September
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Organisational Change
- Global Business Development
- Business Dissertation
* The units can vary, depending on the optional modules which your institution will choose for the course structure.
This course will be taught through a variety of methods – lectures, tutorials, self-directed learning, textbooks, module webs, scenario-based learning sets, professional libraries and resources, journals and case studies, seminars, discussion forums and peer-to-peer learning. Assessment methods vary from module to module. Some are assessed by a combination of examination and coursework, some by coursework only.
After completing your undergraduate degree, if you decide to enhance your career prospects even further you can apply for a postgraduate Master program. For more information regarding progression please contact Atlantic London.
- Graduates may enter a range of occupations including those closely aligned to the subject discipline including; Management, Finance, Marketing, Trading Standards, Health & Safety, Local Authority, Civil Service, Banking, Insurance or work in public or private sector management.You can further your career in professions such as:
- Case Manager
- Chartered Legal Executive (England and Wales)
- Licensed Conveyancer
- Trading Standards Officer
- Human Resources Officer
- Management Consultant
- Risk Manager
- Business Analyst
- Corporate Social Responsibility Manager
- Corporate Counsel
- Trademark Attorney
- Patent Attorney
- Legal Secretary
- Law Firm Administrator
- Legal Executive
- Legal Services Director
- Legal Records Manager
- Administrative Assistant
- Document Coder
- Court Messenger/Representative
- Corrections Officer
- Trial Consultant
- Contract Administrator/Analist
- Litigation Support Director
- Regulatory Affairs Director
- The (Top-Up) course is designed for applicants holding a Level 5 qualification such as a Higher National Diploma, or other equivalents or have completed the second year of a relevant and comparable degree;
- Applicants must have a relevant HND or a foundation degree with 240 credits in any Business and/or Management related areas;
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language;
- Qualifications are checked before enrolment by the institution where you’ll apply;
- Students must bring their original diploma when coming for registration;
The Tuition Fee of the course will vary depending on the institution you wish to study in, as well as your status in the UK. The course is available for UK/EU and International Students as well. Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite stay, you can receive support from the government via Student Loan Company to cover tuition fees and some living costs while studying, depending on your circumstances. Tuition fee loans, to cover the full cost of your course, are paid directly to the course provider. Maintenance loans can be applied for at the same time, lending you money at the start of each term. You won’t have to pay back the loan until after your course, when you’re earning above a certain level. Students can still apply for grants if they’re eligible for certain benefits, disabled, or need help with childcare costs.