The Level 3 Certificate in Salon Management is a qualification that has been specifically designed for stylists and beauty therapists working in the hair and beauty related industry, who want to move into first line salon management. This qualification is suitable for hairdressers, barbers, beauty therapists and nail technicians. This course prepares you for a role managing a professional Hairdressing or Beauty Therapy salon.
This course has been designed to help students learn to manage human resources, budgeting, staff recruitment and retention, daily operations, and customer service and training programs. Further, students will gain an understanding of the main responsibilities of an effect Salon Manager, the key competencies of the role, steps to start a business, and resources on how to get set up as a self-employed salon. Lastly, the programme aims to provide students with the importance of health and safety in beauty salons, potential risks and procedures to comply with legislation.
This course is suitable for those who currently work or hope to work as a Hairdressing or Beauty Therapy Salon Manager or Supervisor or who want to own and run their own salon business. This qualification is recognised as being fit for purpose for preparing learners for a career as a hair or beauty salon manager. This qualification is approved and supported by the Hairdressing and Beauty Industry Authority (HABIA), the standard setting body for hair, beauty, nails and spa qualifications.
Course Length: 3 – 6 months;
Start dates: January April, July, September;
- Contribute to the effective running of business
- Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon
- Human resource management within the hair and beauty sector
- Salon design for the hair and beauty sector
- IT and data handling in the hair and beauty sector
- Marketing in the hair and beauty sector
* The units can vary, depending on the optional modules which your institution will choose for the course structure.
Learners will have their skills assessed in a real or realistic working environment. Assessed mostly through assignment work but also observation and witness testimonies.
This course gives you the opportunity to enter employment or progress to further or higher education.
The Level 3 Diploma in Salon Management is recognised by industry as the qualification needed for those who wish to become in employed as a salon manager in the hair or beauty sector.
Examples of jobs opportunities for a Level 3 Diploma in Salon Management graduate:
- Beauty salons
- Hair salons
- Nail salons
- Beauty/Nail retail concessions in department stores
- Day spa or destination/hotel spa
- Cruise ships
- Applicants must be 19+, motivated to study with a clear intention to progress to a higher education course;
- There are flexible qualification requirements for admission, but all applicants will be interviewed during the admissions process.
- Applicants will need to take a diagnostic assessment of literacy (unless already qualified to Level 2 in English and Maths)
You can choose to fund this course yourself. The Tuition Fee of the course will vary depending on the institution you wish to study in, as well as your status in the UK. Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite Stay, you can receive support from the government via 19+Advanced Learning Loan to cover tuition fees costs while studying, depending on your circumstances. These loans help learners aged 19 and over, to pay the fees charged by approved colleges and training organisations in England.
You can get a tuition fee loan to cover your full course fees. You only start to pay back your student loan after you finish studying and are earning over £21,000 a year.