As part of our popular range of ‘Business with’ Masters programmes, the MSc Business with Marketing Management programme is designed to give you an insight into the strategic role of marketing within organisations. During this course, you will build the required knowledge and skills to strategically analyse and evaluate organisations to develop and implement competitive marketing strategies. The programme aims to develop the ability to undertake research on topics relevant to the context and content of marketing and marketing management.
Markets are dynamic, consequently business success relies heavily on good use of marketing techniques, for instance, consumer insights, marketing communication, digital marketing, marketing analytics, strategic branding, customer relationship management, market segmentation, etc. This means that a business must be aware of current market trends and evolving customer requirements caused by new fashions or changing economic conditions. Marketing has become essential in modern businesses and the demand for knowledgeable and skilled marketing professionals has never been greater.
The MSc of Business with Marketing Management provides full-time postgraduate marketing education to graduates with little or no marketing experience or qualifications.
The course is suitable for individuals who are seeking to become professional marketers or who want to develop detailed insight into the marketing discipline by integrating the most important and current marketing concepts, approaches and informing frameworks within an international and multicultural context.
The structure of the programme enables students to gain a grounding in the fundamental principles of the environment in which strategic decisions are made and the contribution made by the various functional areas of organisations, before moving on to a more focused look at the specific contribution of marketing.
This programme provides you with education and training in the theory and application of the principles, concepts, approaches, purpose and practice of Marketing Management in contemporary organisations.
Course Length: 1 years;
Start dates: January, May, September
- Developing Global Management Competencies I
- Strategic Management for Competitive Advantage
- Dissertation Preparation and Research Methods
- Academic and Professional Development
- Developing Global Management Competencies II
- Analysing Buyer Behaviour and Brand Dynamics
- Relationship Marketing in a Global Context
- The Newcastle Business School Masters Dissertation
* The units can vary, depending on the optional modules which your institution will choose for the course structure.
This course is taught using a range of methods, including: lectures, seminars, and workshops, where you will develop your understanding of today’s global businesses.
Assessments for this course are based on a mix of assignments, presentations and group work.
This course provides students with the opportunity to enter or boost their careers in both marketing and general management.
Once you graduate, you’ll gain an established and internationally recognised qualification that will equip you for employment in a wide range of business settings, both in the UK and overseas.
Example of job opportunities for graduate with a Master degree in Business with Marketing Management:
- Marketing Manager/Director
- Marketing Assistant/Coordinator
- Marketing Consultant
- Marketing Data Analyst
- Marketing Communications Director/Manager
- Marketing Communications Manager
- Brand Manager
- Director Marketing Communications
- Global Marketing Manager
- Media Marketing Specialist
- Digital Strategy Specialist
- Digital Marketing Officer
- Digital Marketing Coordinator
- Media Marketing Coordinator
- Product Marketing Manager
- Internet Sales Director
- Product Marketing Director
- Campaign Manager
- Marketing Communications Manager
- Digital Media Manager
- Field Marketing Representative
- Media Marketing Manager/Director
- Director of Marketing and Public Relations
- Advertising Campaign Manager
- Business Development
- Brand Management
- Media Marketing
- Business analyst
- Business Development Coordinator/Manager/
- Director of Business Development
- VP Marketing
- VP Business Development
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Product manager
- Social media manager
- Sustainability consultant
- Logistics and distribution manager
- Retail manager
- Sales Director/Manager
- Applicants are required to submit proof of Bachelor Degree Diploma;
- For candidates with over 5 years’ experience at a managerial level but without an undergraduate degree the programme leader will review applicants based upon their suitability for the course;
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language;
- Applicants must bring their original certificates when coming for registration;
The Tuition Fee of the course will vary depending on the institution you wish to study in, as well as your status in the UK. The course is available for UK/EU and International Students as well. Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite stay, who wants to apply for a postgraduate course you can receive support from the government via Student Loan Company. If you’re starting a master’s degree, you could get a Postgraduate Master’s Loan of up to £10,609 to help with course fees and living costs. You won’t have to pay back the loan until after your course, when you’re earning above a certain level.