The fitness industry is an exciting and expanding industry and there is a high rate of employment within the industry with currently more than 6,000 fitness centres located all across the UK. Many people from all walks of life long to get fitter and feel healthier but are not quite sure how. This means that there has never been a better time to take action towards becoming a qualified fitness professional.
As a personal trainer you will be able to give advice on health, nutrition and lifestyle changes to your clients. You will help support them with their workouts and monitor their progress over time.
This is qualification also combines units from the Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing with the full Level 3 Personal Training qualification. This qualification is suitable for learners who have no prior experience or qualifications, as usually you need to complete the Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing before you would be able to commence the Level 3 Personal Training qualification.
So if you have never had any experience at all within the fitness industry, and are looking to work as a fully Personal Trainer or become a fitness instructor (at level 3), then this is the ideal course for you.
The Level 3 Diploma in Fitness and Personal Training will train you to become professionally competent. It will allow you to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes and develop your skills and knowledge to pursue a career in personal training.
The qualification is designed for those who want to gain the skills required to offer both instruction and personal training, covering both aspects within the same qualification. Employers are supportive of this approach for their employees. They endorse this approach for staff that new to the industry, without qualifications – who will be covering both aspects within their roles.
Course Length: 3 – 6 months;
Start dates: January April, July, September;
Level 2 Gym Units:
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise;
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity;
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment;
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health;
- Planning gym-based exercise;
- Instructing gym-based exercise;
Level 3 Personal Trainer Units:
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health;
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme;
- Programming personal training with clients;
- Delivering personal training sessions;
* The units can vary, depending on the optional modules which your institution will choose for the course structure.
Coursework, Multiple Choice Examination, Portfolio of Evidence, Practical Demonstration and Assignment.
This course gives you the opportunity to enter employment or progress to further or higher education.
This Lifetime Awarding Level 3 Diploma confirms that your training and subsequent credentials will be recognised by employers and clients alike. On completion of the Personal Trainer Advanced qualification you will be able to work as a fitness instructor, class instructor, fitness coach or personal trainer within the health and fitness industry:
- Work within a luxury hotel, health club or spa;
- Join large chains, or independently owned gyms;
- Instruct at holiday resorts or on cruise ships;
- Go self-employed and build a private client base;
You will also have the benefit of being able to offer your clients nutritional advice and information on a one to one basis.
- Applicants must be 19+, motivated to study with a clear intention to progress to a higher education course;
- There are flexible qualification requirements for admission, but all applicants will be interviewed during the admissions process;
- Applicants will need to take a diagnostic assessment of literacy (unless already qualified to Level 2 in English and Maths).
You can choose to fund this course yourself. The Tuition Fee of the course will vary depending on the institution you wish to study in, as well as your status in the UK. Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite Stay, you can receive support from the government via 19+Advanced Learning Loan to cover tuition fees costs while studying, depending on your circumstances. These loans help learners aged 19 and over, to pay the fees charged by approved colleges and training organisations in England.
You can get a tuition fee loan to cover your full course fees. You only start to pay back your student loan after you finish studying and are earning over £21,000 a year.