The BA/BSc (Hons) in Information Technology Management is focused on how information technology helps to support the operation and growth of modern organisations. The course will help you to build up the vital transferable skills you’ll need to succeed in an exciting and challenging range of IT careers. The course is very much focused on the business applications of IT and how this technology can impact upon and improve business processes. You’ll learn about managing and controlling computing projects, acquiring IT services and more general skills related to business management.
Demand is high for graduates with exceptional IT management skills who can solve problems, manage projects and apply their expertise in a technological environment.
BA/BSc (Hons) Information Technology Management has been newly designed to equip graduates with key skills in technical aspects of computing such as networking, programming and databases along with key business and project management skills while developing your problem solving and communication skills.
The aim of the Information Technology Management course is to provide a route to employment at management level within companies and organisations that have a dependency on information systems. The course focuses on the problem-solving skills and techniques needed to provide computer-based solutions to practical problems. You’ll be taught how to develop and communicate technological solutions, manage systems operations, improve and evaluate products, provide customer support, and facilitate technology transfer in both the public and private sectors. You’ll also learn to apply ethical judgments and critical thinking to assess the impact of information technology on contemporary social, political, and economic issues.
Information technology managers, plan, coordinate and direct enterprise-wide computer-related activities. They help determine the information technology goals of an organisation and are responsible for implementing computer systems to meet those goals. Whether the firm you work for is public or private, large or small, the IT management degree will prepare you to find and define systems to meet your company’s tech needs.
This course has been specifically designed to address industry demand, delivering work ready graduates with the skills and professionalism that employers are looking for.
Offering an insight into the IT sector, this degree will give you an in-depth understanding of technology and the ways in which it can be used to transform organisations.
Course Length: 3 years / 4 years including Foundation year;
Start dates: January / May / September
- Business Performance
- Data Modelling and Databases
- Enhancing Personal Leadership
- Introduction to Systems Development
- Project Management
- Understanding People in Organisations
- Decision Support Systems
- Managing the Dynamic Organisation
- Systems Development
- ITMB Team Project
- The Corporate IT Landscape
- Business Simulation
- Final Year Project
- IT Business Analysis
- Organisational Transformation and Strategic IT
- Principles and Practices of Leadership and Management
- Enterprise Strategy and Concepts
- Commercial Management of IT
* The units can vary, depending on the chosen pathway or optional modules which your institution will choose for the course structure.
You will learn through a combination of lectures, seminars, tutorials, workshops and practical sessions. Your independent learning could include reading books and journal articles, working on group projects, preparing presentations, conducting library research and writing your assignments.
After completing your undergraduate degree, if you decide to enhance your career prospects even further you can apply for a postgraduate Master program. For more information regarding progression please contact Atlantic London.
The IT Management program prepares students for technology, networking, and information management careers in business, finance, telecommunication, government, and education.
You can further your career in professions such as:
- Information Technology Manager
- IT Project Manager
- System Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Project Management
- Event Management
- Systems Engineer
- Applications Developer
- Technology Project Manager
- Telecommunications Specialist
- Information Systems Manager/Analyst
- Information technology specialist
- Information Network Administrator
- Mobile application developer
- Network engineer
- Network specialist
- Application Developer
- Computer Specialist
- Computer system technician
- Data Communications Analyst
- Database Administrator/Analyst
- Communication Analyst
- Programmer Analyst
- Database Analyst
- Network Analyst
- Security Analyst
- Security Risk Assessor And Manager
- Computer Resource Manager
- Computer Trainer/Support
- IT Sales And Marketing Specialist
- Business Process Engineer
- IT Security Specialist
- Minimum Age: 18 years old;
- Applicants are required to submit proof of prior certificated learning (e.g. Secondary School Diploma/Baccalaureate/Level 3 qualification) and/or relevant work experience;
- Applications from mature candidates without formal qualifications are welcomed provided they could demonstrate appropriate levels of relevant ability and experience.
- If you are unable to meet the entry requirements for this course you may still be eligible for our Foundation year course. This is an extra year of study to prepare you for the full degree.
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language.
- Applicants must bring their original certificates when coming for registration;
The Tuition Fee of the course will vary depending on the institution you wish to study in, as well as your status in the UK. The course is available for UK/EU and International Students as well. Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite stay, you can receive support from the government via Student Loan Company to cover tuition fees and some living costs while studying, depending on your circumstances. Tuition fee loans, to cover the full cost of your course, are paid directly to the course provider. Maintenance loans can be applied for at the same time, lending you money at the start of each term. You won’t have to pay back the loan until after your course, when you’re earning above a certain level. Students can still apply for grants if they’re eligible for certain benefits, disabled, or need help with childcare costs.