Working in a large, modern, international organisation, a medium sized company or even a small start-up firm requires a range of business capabilities. The most valuable employees are those who have not only a sound knowledge and understanding of the various parts of a business but those who are quick learners and team players with leadership potential. The Master in Business with International Management course suite will give students both the general business knowledge and understanding as well as the personal skills needed for a wide variety of roles.
World trade has become increasingly important: continuous improvements in technology have brought unprecedented flows of resources and capital across national boundaries; foreign direct investment is growing; and the competitive pressures on many industries and firms have intensified.
The programme can also be efficient for recent graduates in non-business disciplines who wanted to add a business dimension to their undergraduate specialism. This programme has been very popular and has recently been extended by the addition of several pathways.
Students can now choose between a general pathway with a wide variety of optional modules and a specialist pathway in which around half of the programme is concentrated on one functional area.
The Master in Business with International Management programme will enable you to understand how firms become, and remain, international in scope in the face of such challenges. You will learn to apply management theories and techniques pertinent to managing and controlling a multinational business environment with an increasing focus on the management of responsibility and ethics for businesses operating in a global context.
Specialist modules cover global and transnational business as well as relationship marketing in a global context. The course culminates in either a master’s dissertation or, if you prefer, a consultancy project where you’ll tackle an issue faced by a real client.
Your studies will give you a head start in applying for jobs and graduate roles with multinational companies and other employers in the fast-paced world of international business. There is no requirement to have studied business or international management at undergraduate level.
Course Length: 1 years;
Start dates: January, May, September
- Relationship Marketing in a Global Context
- Dissertation Preparation and Research Methods
- Developing Global Management Competencies I
- Developing Global Management Competencies II
- Strategic Management for Competitive Advantage
- Academic and Professional Development
- NBS Masters Consultancy Project
- The Newcastle Business School Masters Dissertation
- Global and Transnational Business
* The units can vary, depending on the optional modules which your institution will choose for the course structure.
Your tutors will use a variety of teaching methods including lectures, seminars and workshops. As this is a Masters course there is a major element of independent learning and self-motivated reflection.
Teaching is backed up by a well-designed support system that helps ensure a successful learning journey. We make sure that extensive feedback, from both tutors and peers, is built into the course. Our assessment strategy is based on our understanding that everyone has different needs, strengths and enthusiasms. Assessment is based on course work and our methods will include essays, reports, group work, presentations, and the Masters Dissertation or consultancy project.
Graduates from the Master in Business with International Management go on to work in a variety of positions.
Many take management positions in multinational companies, including in areas such as general management, human resources, accounting, foreign trade and international marketing. Others fill positions within governments and public institutions in areas such as international cooperation and trade promotion. A common third option is in business consulting field, in both the public and private sectors. International management jobs provide exciting travel opportunities which may be short or longer term.
Example of job opportunities for graduate with a Master in Business with International Management:
- International Project Manager
- International Property Manager
- International Human Resources Manager
- International Sales Manager
- International Environmental Manager
- Marketing Manager/consultant
- Risk Manager
- Systems Analyst
- Resource Manager
- Economic Development Analyst
- Strategist/Negotiations Specialist
- International Economist
- Management Analyst
- Brand Manager
- Business Development Officer
- Corporate Social Responsibility Manager
- Director Of Strategy
- Director Of University Admissions
- Diversity Consultant
- E-Commerce Manager
- Education Abroad Counsellor
- Field Service Agent
- Foreign Affairs Officer
- Foreign Exchange Trader
- Foreign Trade Manager
- Intellectual Property Manager
- International Account Executive
- International Advertising Executive
- International Aid And Development Project Officer
- International Bank Manager
- International Business Analyst/Consultant
- International Sales Director
- International Trade Analyst/Specialist
- Investment Consultant
- Manufacturing Executive
- Applicants are required to submit proof of Bachelor Degree Diploma;
- Who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language;
- Applicants must bring their original certificates when coming for registration;
The Tuition Fee of the course will vary depending on the institution you wish to study in, as well as your status in the UK. The course is available for UK/EU and International Students as well. Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
This programme has been designated by the UK government for Student Finance, which means that UK/EU students may apply for Student Loans. If you are a UK or EU postgraduate student, you can apply for funding from the government. You do not have to pay your tuition fees up front if this is your first degree – you can get a tuition fee loan up to £10,000 to cover your full course fees. You only start to pay back your student loan after you finish studying and are earning over £21,000 a year.