Topping up to a BA/BSc (Hons) Business and Accounting degree serves as a great way to increase your employability with specialist accounting knowledge, underpinned by vital business skills. From global business and business strategy to accounting and auditing systems, it serves as a great way to increase your employability with specialist accounting knowledge underpinned by vital business skills. Think about combining 2 different courses to give more choices once you graduate.
The Business Accounting (Top-Up) course allows students to enhance their strengths and interests in corporate reporting, international business and other areas of accounting and business, including investment portfolio management through the study of core modules. We have focused our course on the relationship between the theory and practice of accountancy and business helping to give you an in-depth understanding of contemporary issues in accounting and business.
The BA/BSc (Hons) Business and Accounting (Top-Up) will provide students with a deep knowledge and critical understanding of business and accounting theory and practice, in areas which include marketing, human resources, managing financial performance, monitoring and controlling activity, auditing, taxation and risk management.
During this one-year Business and Accounting course you will examine core aspects of business such as business strategy and communication in a global context, whilst also getting the chance to conduct an investigation into a business problem that allows you to apply your business acumen to a real life scenario.
This accounting course is designed to further enhance your employability by adding to your existing portfolio of qualifications and skills. Topping up a HND qualification or equivalent provides you with a great base to pursue a career in the financial sector whilst also having the opportunity to gain access to various professional bodies in business.
By completing specified accounting modules students are entitled to receive exemptions from the following professional bodies: ACCA, CIMA and ICAEW.
Course Length: 1 years;
Start dates: January / May / September
- Debates in Strategic Management
- Strategic Human Resources Management
- Organisational Change
- Global Business Development
- Business Dissertation
- Business Project
- International Money and Finance
- Advanced Accounting and Finance
* The units can vary, depending on the optional modules which your institution will choose for the course structure.
A variety of teaching and learning strategies will be used including lectures, seminars, tutorials, workshops, directed study and project work. Assessment will vary depending on the module focus and outcomes and may include examinations, group or individual presentations, essays or reports, and time constrained assignments.
After completing your undergraduate degree, if you decide to enhance your career prospects even further you can apply for a postgraduate Master program. For more information regarding progression please contact Atlantic London.
Having successfully completed this award, you will be able suitably qualified to consider careers in general management, accountancy, banking or finance. Business managers who have an in depth knowledge of finance and accounting techniques which are highly sought after in general management and within the financial services sector. You may also gain exemptions from the professional accountancy bodies for some of the modules studied and this will provide you with a head start in developing a career in accountancy.
You can further your career in professions such as:
- Corporate Investment Banker
- Insurance Underwriter
- Management Consultant/Accountant
- Office Assistant/ Book Keeper
- Personal Financial Planner
- Financial Manager/Analyst
- Cash Management Analyst
- General Audit Manager
- Gift Assurance Officer
- Grants And Contracts Specialist
- Enrolled Agent
- Cost Accountant
- Strategic Planner
- Budget Analyst
- Retail Banker
- Risk Manager
- Business Analyst
- Audit Associate
- Commercial Analyst
- Commercial Analyst
- Budget Analyst/Manager
- Certified Public Accountant
- Chief Accounting Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Compliance Auditor
- Corporate Tax
- Investment Banker
- Tax Analyst
- Taxation Specialist
- Public Practitioner
- Forensic And Investigative Accountant
- Accounts Receivable/ Payable Manager
- The (Top-Up) course is designed for applicants holding a Level 5 qualification such as a Higher National Diploma, or other equivalents or have completed the second year of a relevant and comparable degree;
- Applicants must have a relevant HND or a foundation degree with 240 credits in any Business and/or Management related areas;
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language;
- Qualifications are checked before enrolment by the institution where you’ll apply;
- Students must bring their original diploma when coming for registration;
The Tuition Fee of the course will vary depending on the institution you wish to study in, as well as your status in the UK. The course is available for UK/EU and International Students as well. Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite stay, you can receive support from the government via Student Loan Company to cover tuition fees and some living costs while studying, depending on your circumstances. Tuition fee loans, to cover the full cost of your course, are paid directly to the course provider. Maintenance loans can be applied for at the same time, lending you money at the start of each term. You won’t have to pay back the loan until after your course, when you’re earning above a certain level. Students can still apply for grants if they’re eligible for certain benefits, disabled, or need help with childcare costs.