MSc in Project Management seeks to give you the skills and practical insights required to manage the full lifecycle of a project, from initiation to closing and evaluation. The globalised business and organisational environment is creating a growing need for project managers that can operate in a variety of cultural and socio-economic settings and are capable of handling the complexities that arise while working in an international context. The programme provides students with a systematic understanding of project management and a critical awareness of current problems together with new insights.
Project Management is a universally transferable skill that can be applied to any industry, with demand for Project Managers never wavering. In its simplest form project management is the discipline of organising and managing resources to deliver the required objectives. Our course will delve into the more advanced practices of project management.
The course boasts two distinctive features: Firstly, the focus of the course will be on what is really needed for success in today’s constantly changing business environment: students will also study research; leadership; law; change management and the global commercial marketplace. Secondly, the emphasis will be on the practical rather than the overtly theoretical and students will study, analyse and develop key tactical skills through the course’s hands-on approach to learning.
During the master in International Project Management course, the students will gain understanding of how to deliver projects with all the valuable resource in mind, be it scope, time, cost or quality. You will learn about the core components of project management including; why the project is necessary and what the requirements to complete the project are, developing and implementing the project and managing the risks and issues that present themselves. We emphasise the practical rather than the theoretical encouraging students to study, analyse and develop key tactical skills through a hands-on approach to learning. In contrast to more traditional project management education, the programme focuses on providing our students with knowledge to work in an international environment.
Course Length: 1 years;
Start dates: January, May, September
- Research Applications in Global Business
- Business Law for Managers
- Global Economic Environment
- Cross Cultural Leadership
- Operations and Project Management
- Project Risk Management
- Applied Project Management
- Leading Projects – Managing Intellectual Capital
- Business Improvement and Change
- Developing Project Management Solutions
- Postgraduate Major Project
* The units can vary, depending on the optional modules which your institution will choose for the course structure.
The programme offers a mixture of conventional lectures and seminars, supported by online resources and a variety of external sources of information. It benefits greatly from the use of case studies, live projects and collaboration with practitioners. Student presentations, group work,case studies and exams are important parts of the programme.
- Project Manager
- Project Coordinator
- Operations Manager
- Implementation manager
- Management consultant
- Programme manager
- Portfolio manager
- Director of projects
- Product Development Manager
- Global Project Manager
- Global Operations Coordinator
- Head of Strategic Planning
- Industrial Production Manager
- International Manager
- International Supply Chain Project Manager
- International Sales Manager
- International Project Controller
- International Logistics Coordinator
- International Business Development Project Manager
- International HR
- Contracts Manager
- Industry and Enhancements Planning Manager
- Development Project Manager
- Incident and Problem Manager
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager
- Programmes Administrator
- Business Process Analyst
- Director Capital Projects
- Marketing & Business Development Manager
- Transportation Manager
- Property and Equipment Manager
- Safety, Quality and Environmental Manager
- Applicants are required to submit proof of Bachelor Degree Diploma;
- For candidates with over 5 years’ experience at a managerial level but without an undergraduate degree the programme leader will review applicants based upon their suitability for the course;
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language;
- Applicants must bring their original certificates when coming for registration;
The Tuition Fee of the course will vary depending on the institution you wish to study in, as well as your status in the UK. The course is available for UK/EU and International Students as well. Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite stay, who wants to apply for a postgraduate course you can receive support from the government via Student Loan Company. If you’re starting a master’s degree, you could get a Postgraduate Master’s Loan of up to £10,609 to help with course fees and living costs. You won’t have to pay back the loan until after your course, when you’re earning above a certain level.