The Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Treatments is a substantial vocational qualification that will prepare you for a career as a beauty therapist. This qualification is designed for learners aged 16 years or over and will support you to gain employment as a beauty therapist, as the units contained in this qualification cover all the skills and knowledge required for this role.
This qualification includes all the required elements to work effectively as a beauty therapist including: providing body massage, face and body electrotherapy, health and safety and client care. You will also have the opportunity to develop your understanding and skills further by selecting a number of optional units which include: massage with pre-blended oils, electrical epilation, individual permanent lashes, intimate waxing, self-tanning, nail enhancements, Indian head massage, micro dermabrasion and stone therapy.
The structure of this qualification provides you with the opportunity to develop the knowledge, understanding and skills required for a career as a beauty therapist. Throughout this qualification you will develop your knowledge and understanding of relevant anatomy and physiology, health and safety, client care and beauty therapy products and equipment. You will also develop a range of technical skills enabling you to prepare the skin and apply a variety of beauty therapy products and electrical equipment using different techniques. You will also develop interpersonal skills that will assist you to communicate effectively with clients.
Course Length: 3 – 6 months;
Start dates: January April, July, September;
- Working in beauty related industries
- Provide facial electrotherapy treatments
- Provide body electrotherapy treatments
- Provide body massage
- Client care and communication in beauty-related industries
- Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon
* The units can vary, depending on the optional modules which your institution will choose for the course structure.
Theory exams are via on line assessments. Practical based assessments.
Students will need to provide a model for practical assessments. Students will also be required to build a portfolio of evidence.
This course gives you the opportunity to enter employment or progress to further or higher education.
This qualification will prepare you for employment as a beauty therapist. You will also be eligible to join a professional association and gain insurance as a beauty therapist.
Examples of jobs opportunities for a Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Treatments graduate:
– Working in commercial beauty salons/spas/cruise liners
– Working in a retail concession in a department store
– Working independently/self-employed/mobile/home-based settings
- Applicants must be 19+, motivated to study with a clear intention to progress to a higher education course;
- There are flexible qualification requirements for admission, but all applicants will be interviewed during the admissions process.
- Applicants will need to take a diagnostic assessment of literacy (unless already qualified to Level 2 in English and Maths)
You can choose to fund this course yourself. The Tuition Fee of the course will vary depending on the institution you wish to study in, as well as your status in the UK. Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite Stay, you can receive support from the government via 19+Advanced Learning Loan to cover tuition fees costs while studying, depending on your circumstances. These loans help learners aged 19 and over, to pay the fees charged by approved colleges and training organisations in England.
You can get a tuition fee loan to cover your full course fees. You only start to pay back your student loan after you finish studying and are earning over £21,000 a year.