The main aim of the Level 3 Diploma in Fashion and Media Make-up is to enable learners to gain the necessary practical skills and knowledge in order to provide Hair, Photographic and Media Make-up to the general public and to gain employment in the Hair, Photographic and Media Make-up Industry. This course is aimed at those who want to pursue exciting new careers in this booming sector. You will develop your make-up practice through the study of art and design, fashion trends and forecasting and the cosmetics industry.
This exciting course is designed to bring out your creativity and flair for media make-up in readiness for a career in this competitive industry. The diploma covers theatrical, special effects and hair and media make-up in an enlivening course covering a vast range of skills from; fashion make-up, application of prosthetic pieces, airbrushing, creative hair-styling, wig work and much more. This programme of study will interest students who would like to work within the creative make-up industry, such as fashion, photographic studio’s, theatre or preparation for higher education.
Our highly creative programme of study will give you a fantastic opportunity to showcase your talents as a professional make–up artist. Learners’ creativity, imagination and skills are developed by our professional media make–up team who provide unparalleled support throughout the programme of study.
This course will allow you to experiment with concepts and techniques and ensure you can practice as a make-up artist with confidence. You will also develop a range of knowledge and experience of key areas linked to make-up artistry, such as the development of ideas and concepts using key techniques in art and design, awareness of the cosmetics business and solid experience of professional practice and engagement with industry projects.
Course Length: 3 – 6 months;
Start dates: January April, July, September;
- The Art of Photographic Make-up
- Monitor and Maintain Health and Safety Practice in the Salon
- Apply Make-Up
- Working In The Beauty Related Industries
- Client Care And Communication In Beauty Related Industries
- Fashion and Photographic Make-Up
- Media Make-Up
- Camouflage Make-Up
- Optional Units (see rationale for details)
- Apply Individual Permanent Lashes
- Design and Apply Face and Body Art
- Apply Airbrush Make-Up to the Face
- Create an Image Based on a Theme within the Hair and Beauty Industry
* The units can vary, depending on the optional modules which your institution will choose for the course structure.
This qualification will be internally and externally assessed using the assessment of skills as set out below. Once all of the treatment evidence documentation, assignments and underpinning knowledge have been completed, the Learner will have a final practical assessment.
This course gives you the opportunity to enter employment or progress to further or higher education.
There are opportunities for a Hair, Photographic and Fashion Make-up Artist to find employment in a variety of areas: This Diploma qualifies Graduates to work as a freelance Make-up Artist; Graduates can also gain employment in Television and Media.
Examples of jobs opportunities for a Level 3 Diploma in Fashion and Media Makeup graduate:
- Hair and make-up studio
- Beauty salon
- Production companies
- Theatre companies
- Hotels or resorts
- Advanced Make-Up Artist working from home & mobile
- Airbrush Make-Up Artist
- Bridal Make-Up Artist (Inc. bridal party, engagement & special occasions)
- Professional Make-Up Artist in Film, TV, Theatre, Editorial & Fashion
- Media Make-Up
- High End Catwalk
- Applicants must be 19+, motivated to study with a clear intention to progress to a higher education course;
- There are flexible qualification requirements for admission, but all applicants will be interviewed during the admissions process.
- Applicants will need to take a diagnostic assessment of literacy (unless already qualified to Level 2 in English and Maths)
You can choose to fund this course yourself. The Tuition Fee of the course will vary depending on the institution you wish to study in, as well as your status in the UK. Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite Stay, you can receive support from the government via 19+Advanced Learning Loan to cover tuition fees costs while studying, depending on your circumstances. These loans help learners aged 19 and over, to pay the fees charged by approved colleges and training organisations in England.
You can get a tuition fee loan to cover your full course fees. You only start to pay back your student loan after you finish studying and are earning over £21,000 a year.