If you are looking for that first step toward a future career in healthcare management and if you are fascinated by the areas of health and business, then BSc Healthcare management programme will offer you a one-of-a-kind opportunity to explore a variety of career focused courses in both fields.
This course will allow you to broaden your knowledge and progress into leadership in the ever-challenging world of healthcare. This course ensures that you develop a thorough understanding of the obstacles that healthcare workers face, as well as organizational skills that can help you advance your career.
During the course you will also learn about societal responsibility, strategies and sustainability for both health and healthcare administration.
The variety of topics in this course will include:
- The political, financial, cultural and ethical aspects of healthcare improvements
- Understanding the importance, aim and significance of the strategic business process applied to organisations
- Understanding and learning about a range of diseases from a scientific perspective
- The global distribution of main diseases and their causes
- Analysing the factors that determine individual, group and population level health outcomes
- The theories and concepts used for effective project management
Course Length: 3 years / 4 years including Foundation year;
Start dates: June;
- Healthcare department manager
- Healthcare finance manager
- Quality and improvement manager
- Healthcare administrator
- Physician practice manager
- Administrative support specialist
- Administrative coordinator
- Medical secretary
- Patient service representative
- Operations assistant
- Minimum Age: 18 years old
- Applicants are required to submit proof of prior certification (i.e., Secondary School Diploma/Baccalaureate/Level 3 qualification) and/or relevant work experience.
- Applications from mature candidates without formal qualifications are welcomed if they could demonstrate appropriate levels of relevant ability and experience.
- If you are unable to meet the entry requirements for this course you may still be eligible for our Foundation year course. This is an extra year of study to prepare you for the full degree.
- Overseas learners must demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of English language.
- Applicants must bring their original certificates at the moment of registration.
- Developing academic skills
- Using numeracy, data, IT
- Research skills and using information
- Values, ethics and working collaboratively
- Technology in organisations
- Structure of business
- Skills for learning in care
- Social, political and ethical issues in international healthcare
- Communication and collaboration in managing the professional environment
- Meeting the needs of service users
- Planning and managing resources
- Fostering dignity and respect
- Financial control and budgeting
- Performance improvement and management in health & social care
- Public health
- Health promotion
- Inter-agency working
- Leading teams in health & social care
- Quality management in a care setting
- Business analysis and planning
- Global health and sustainability
- Project management and risk
- Research methods and final project
The course is assessed in terms of practice through assessments including practical implementations, reports, essays, presentations, group work and examinations. Most modules are designed to develop problem solving techniques and interpersonal skills and many provide the opportunity for group work
After completing your undergraduate degree, if you decide to enhance your career prospects even further you can apply for a postgraduate Master program. For more information regarding progression please contact Atlantic London.
The Tuition Fee of the course may vary depending on the institution you have chosen, as well as your status in the UK. The course is available for UK/EU and International Students as well.
Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
Government Funds – Student Finance England
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite stay, you can receive support from the government via Student Loan Company to cover tuition fees and some living costs while studying, depending on your circumstances.
Tuition fee loans, which cover the full cost of your course, are paid directly to the course provider.