The BA/BSc (Hons) Business and Healthcare Management degree program offers the chance to combine the study of business and healthcare management theory and practice. During the course, students will examine the ways in which management, marketing and finance principles are used in the medical industry. Care Management degree program is taught through lecture-based classes and hands-on training opportunities. Students learn about health care administrative practices, government regulations and medical care procedures. This course is ideal for students who see themselves as managers in this exciting and evolving industry.
About Business and Healthcare Management
The health and social care sector offers a huge array of employment opportunities. The health and social care sector is the largest sector in the UK, with the industry playing a crucial role in supporting the economy by maintaining the physical and mental health of the wider workforce. BA/BSc (Hons) Business and Healthcare Management programs are designed for those who wish to manage the business functions of a hospital, physician group practice, healthcare organisation or public health agency. Healthcare management designates the process of organising and coordinating the performance of a healthcare facility. A health manager supervises the business and administrative aspects of a health care institution, and is responsible for the overall internal healthcare system, including clinical and non-clinical staff, partner organisations, insurance companies, government bodies, etc. Key skills in healthcare Management include a natural inclination toward leadership, interpersonal skills, analytical abilities and an entrepreneurial mind-set.
BA/BSc (Hons) Business and Healthcare Management | Healthcare management professionals work as administrators, managers, CEOs, planners and more. Through the efforts of well-trained and caring healthcare managers, patients are treated to state-of-the-art facilities, compassionate medical treatment, and an overall positive healthcare experience. Individuals who choose to pursue this career path tend to be sympathetic, caring personality types with an honest desire to help others.
Healthcare management studies can provide career boosts for experienced professionals and for newcomers to the industry. Certificate programs in this field tend to be aimed at nurses, physical therapists, and other trained professionals who wish to move into supervisory or management-oriented roles.
Course Length: 3 years / 4 years including Foundation year;
Start dates: January / April / August / September;
Career opportunities for graduates include hospital and health system management, clinical human resource, medical group administration, pharmaceutical companies, care management organisations, supply chain companies, government or policy organisations, health insurers, and consulting. Healthcare management professionals work as administrators, managers, CEOs, planners, and more.
You can further your career in professions such as:
- Health Care Manager
- Health Care Administrator
- Health and social service manager
- Health care consultant
- Health care financial manager
- Nursing Home Administrator
- Health Care Department Manager
- Group Practice Executive
- Home Healthcare Administrator/Manager
- Care Manager
- Public Health Planner
- Manager of Patient Safety
- Public Health Professional
- Ambulatory care center manager
- Assistant administrator
- Clinical director/manager
- Director of nursing
- Facility manager
- Hospital administrator
- Insurance specialist
- Managed care manager
- Medical device/pharmaceutical sales representative
- Medical records coordinator
- Medical records manager
- Nurse manager
- Nursing home administrator
- Nutrition service manager
- Office manager
- Practice manager
- Program coordinator
- Program manager
- Minimum Age: 18 years old;
- Applicants are required to submit proof of prior certificated learning (e.g. Secondary School Diploma/Baccalaureate/Level 3 qualification) and/or relevant work experience;
- Applications from mature candidates without formal qualifications are welcomed provided they could demonstrate appropriate levels of relevant ability and experience.
- If you are unable to meet the entry requirements for this course you may still be eligible for our Foundation year course. This is an extra year of study to prepare you for the full degree.
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language.
- Applicants must bring their original certificates when coming for registration;
- Healthcare Environment
- Business Skills
- Service Operations Management
- Business Finance
- Managing the Professional Environment
- Meeting the Needs of Service Users
- Planning & Managing Resources
- Fostering Dignity and Respect
- Driving Improvement in the Healthcare Workplace
- Managing Human Resources
- Principles and Practice of Marketing
- Financial Control & Budgeting
- Management in Health and Social Care
- Public Health
- Health Promotion
- Leading Teams
- Contemporary Themes in Healthcare Policy and Practice
- Business Strategy
- Leadership and Change Management
- Major Project
- Quality Management in a Care Setting
- Global health and sustainability
* The units can vary, depending on the chosen pathway or optional modules which your institution will choose for the course structure.
We’ll assess your progress through a variety of methods from coursework, group assignments, activity-based assignments and exams. You can expect to part take in on-going problem-solving activities, projects and presentations. To support your development and ensure you are on the right track with your studies we will provide you with tutor feedback on every assessment you submit. If required, your tutor may be able to give you suggestions and tips for improvement and help you understand how to apply your newly acquired skills into real life settings.
After completing your undergraduate degree, if you decide to enhance your career prospects even further you can apply for a postgraduate Master program. For more information regarding progression please contact Atlantic London.
To attain a management position, healthcare professionals typically acquire an accredited degree such as Master of Public Health (MPH), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Health Administration (MHA) or Master of Public Administration (MPA).
The Tuition Fee of the course will vary depending on the institution you wish to study in, as well as your status in the UK. The course is available for UK/EU and International Students as well. Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
Government Funds – Student Finance England
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite stay, you can receive support from the government via Student Loan Company to cover tuition fees and some living costs while studying, depending on your circumstances. Tuition fee loans, to cover the full cost of your course, are paid directly to the course provider. Maintenance loans can be applied for at the same time, lending you money at the start of each term. You won’t have to pay back the loan until after your course, when you’re earning above a certain level. Students can still apply for grants if they’re eligible for certain benefits, disabled, or need help with childcare costs.