The BA/BSc (Hons) Business and Hospitality Management degree has been designed to prepare graduates for the hospitality sector combining paid industry-related work experience with study of management concepts. This synthesis allows students to not only develop and their knowledge and expertise within the industry but also put this into practice.
The course will give you an excellent basis for a management career in the hospitality industry. You will study core aspects of business as well as distinct specialist modules in Hospitality.
The hospitality industry continues to grow at a rapid rate which means there continues to be huge demand for graduates who can demonstrate an in-depth understanding of business theory as it applies to the sector alongside first-hand, relevant experience. Hospitality is experiencing significant global growth, driving continual demand for specialist graduates who both understand the theories of business and have practical experience of this fast-paced workplace. The course provides you with a comprehensive understanding of hospitality and business management principles, combined with hands-on industry experience to fine-tune your skills. This BA/BSc (Hons) Business and Hospitality Management degree will give you the opportunities to work at management level in world-class hotels, country clubs, theme parks, leisure centres, exhibition venues and catering services. If you’re good with people, business-minded and hard-working, a career in hospitality business management is for you.
This BA/BSc (Hons) Business and Hospitality Management course will give you the knowledge and skills necessary for a range of management careers within the international hospitality industry. The course develops a critical awareness and understanding of the social, cultural, environmental and economic factors that affect the hospitality industry. The results are efficient, creative and entrepreneurial managers who have a commitment to service excellence and the potential to establish careers in businesses such as hotels, restaurants, conference and event venues, resorts, the club industry and the cruise ship industry.
The Hospitality Management major will endow you with strong, real-life problem-solving capabilities, the ability to anticipate change and a commitment to lifelong personal development. The course is designed around what the hospitality industry wants, ensuring that you are in the best possible position to go directly into challenging and rewarding positions within multinational organisations both nationally as well as globally.
Course Length: 3 years / 4 years including Foundation year;
Start dates: January / May / September;
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to move into a wide variety of areas within the hospitality industry, specialising in areas such as human resources, marketing, public relations, financial management and operations management.
The graduates are highly employable, applying their skills in careers such as events, hotel and conference management, sales and business development and forestry and fishing management.
You can further your career in professions such as:
- Hotel/Motel Manager
- Tourism/Travel Agent
- Casino Manager
- Event Planner
- Facilities Manager
- Accommodation manager
- Catering manager
- Event organiser
- Fast food restaurant manager
- Hotel manager
- Public house manager
- Restaurant manager
- Customer service manager
- Human resources manager
- Corporate Recruiter
- Training Coordinator
- Front Desk Manager
- Director of Lodging Development
- Meeting and Events Manager
- General Manager
- Guest Services Director
- Vice President of Marketing
- Retail manager
- Tour manager
- Lodging Manager
- Club Manager
- Resort Manager
- Resort Director
- Director of Operations
- Asset Manager
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Operations Manager
- Business Consultant
- Revenue Manage
- Minimum Age: 18 years old;
- Applicants are required to submit proof of prior certificated learning (e.g. Secondary School Diploma/Baccalaureate/Level 3 qualification) and/or relevant work experience;
- Applications from mature candidates without formal qualifications are welcomed provided they could demonstrate appropriate levels of relevant ability and experience.
- If you are unable to meet the entry requirements for this course you may still be eligible for our Foundation year course. This is an extra year of study to prepare you for the full degree.
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language.
- Applicants must bring their original certificates when coming for registration;
- Hospitality Environment
- Business Skills
- Service Sector Management
- Business Finance
- Food, Beverage and Hospitality Studies
- Hospitality and Tourism Business Principles
- People and Organisations
- Rooms Division Systems
- Driving Improvements in the Workplace
- Managing Human Resources
- Events Planning
- Principles and Practice of Marketing
- Human Resources for Hospitality Managers
- Management of Food and Beverage Operations
- Marketing Communications for Hospitality
- Operational Finance for Hospitality and Tourism
- Business Strategy
- Contemporary Issues in Practice
- Leadership and Change Management
- Major Project
- Hospitality Operations Management
- Strategic Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Research Principles
- Rooms Revenue Management
* The units can vary, depending on the chosen pathway or optional modules which your institution will choose for the course structure
You will be taught through a series of seminars, lectures, workshops, live business case studies and field trips. In addition cutting edge E-learning in the form of the flipped classroom means that lectures are enhanced by directed private study. Students are provided with a selection of material such as notes and screen casts produced by the module tutors, and videos, journal articles and book chapters from third parties. Assessment will include exams, oral presentations, individual or group essays or reports, case studies, in-class tests, peer assessment, individual reflective learning portfolios, time constrained assignments, group projects and management and marketing projects or dissertations for final year students.
After completing your undergraduate degree, if you decide to enhance your career prospects even further you can apply for a postgraduate Master program. For more information regarding progression please contact Atlantic London
The Tuition Fee of the course will vary depending on the institution you wish to study in, as well as your status in the UK. The course is available for UK/EU and International Students as well. Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
Government Funds – Student Finance England
This programme has been designated by the UK government for Student Finance, which means that UK/EU students may apply for Student Loans. If you are a UK or EU undergraduate student, you can apply for funding from the government. You do not have to pay your tuition fees up front if this is your first degree – you can get a tuition fee loan to cover your full course fees. You may be eligible for maintenance loan and some extra support as well, depends on your circumstances. You only start to pay back your student loan after you finish studying and are earning over £25,000 a year.