Are you looking for a career within the spa or holistic industry? It is a career choice that challenges, inspires and offers a wide range of employment opportunities. The Level 3 Diploma in Massage Therapy is a substantial vocational qualification that will prepare you for a career as a beauty massage therapist. This qualification is designed for learners aged 19 years or over and will support you to gain employment as a beauty massage therapist, as the units contained in this qualification cover all the skills and knowledge required for this role.
On the practical side, you will learn body massage, stone therapy, massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils, Indian head massage, self-tanning and ‘Hopi ear’ treatments. Facial electrotherapy is also an option.
On the theory side, you will learn about anatomy and physiology in depth, to underpin your practical skills development. This is a vocational qualification and includes all the required elements to work effectively as a beauty massage therapist including mandatory units covering the following: body massage, pre-blended aromatherapy, client care, stone therapy, health and safety, Indian head massage.
Throughout this qualification you will develop your knowledge and understanding of relevant anatomy and physiology, health and safety, client care and massage medium products. You will develop a range of technical skills enabling you to provide a variety of relaxing massage treatments using different techniques. You will also develop interpersonal skills that will assist you to communicate effectively with clients.
You will learn in a variety of situations including, theory classes, practical workshops and public salons, which are well equipped to prepare you for industry. This range of experience is designed to help you gain confidence, independence and professional awareness.
Course Length: 3 – 6 months;
Start dates: January April, July, September;
- Explore the origins of massage and principles of complementary and alternative medicine
- Provide body massage
- Provide massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils
- Client care and communication in beauty-related industries
- Apply stone therapy massage
- Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon
- Maintaining personal health and wellbeing
- Provide Indian head massage
* The units can vary, depending on the optional modules which your institution will choose for the course structure.
Theory exams are via on line assessments. Practical based assessments. Students will need to provide a model for practical assessments. Students will also be required to build a portfolio of evidence.
This course gives you the opportunity to enter employment or progress to further or higher education.
This course will give you the qualifications and experience necessary to enter the field of massage therapy and go on to work in beauty salons, spas, as a sales representative, on cruise ships, in health centres, even start your own business or progress to further or higher education.
Examples of jobs opportunities for a Level 3 Diploma in Massage Therapy graduate:
- Working in commercial beauty salons, destination spas and day spas
- Working independently/self-employed/mobile/home-based settings
- Applicants must be 19+, motivated to study with a clear intention to progress to a higher education course;
- There are flexible qualification requirements for admission, but all applicants will be interviewed during the admissions process.
- Applicants will need to take a diagnostic assessment of literacy (unless already qualified to Level 2 in English and Maths)
You can choose to fund this course yourself. The Tuition Fee of the course will vary depending on the institution you wish to study in, as well as your status in the UK. Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite Stay, you can receive support from the government via 19+Advanced Learning Loan to cover tuition fees costs while studying, depending on your circumstances. These loans help learners aged 19 and over, to pay the fees charged by approved colleges and training organisations in England.
You can get a tuition fee loan to cover your full course fees. You only start to pay back your student loan after you finish studying and are earning over £21,000 a year.