This programme combines the study of Health Services Management and the principles of General Management, to help you obtain the skills required to manage health care services in increasingly business-like environments. The course appeal to both clinical and healthcare management professionals across the healthcare sector, who are looking to develop both their general leadership capabilities, and their sector-specific understanding. MBA in Healthcare programme will give you the skills and confidence you need to take on a leadership role in a public or private health care organisation.
Choosing the Healthcare Management specialised modules, can help students have a more informed output into senior management decision making or consultancy within the industry. Learning on the programme is deeply rooted in the Healthcare industry and enables students to develop managerial skills to handle real-life business situations in the sector.
The MBA Healthcare award is designed for professionals in strategic health authorities, primary care trusts and hospital administration, and for those working in the growing number of private health contractors, outside suppliers and consultancies.
Develop the professional knowledge and skills you will need to lead the planning, delivery and improvement of health policy and services at a senior level in either the NHS or in the private sector.
The Healthcare sector is developing rapidly and this postgraduate degree addresses the specific demands placed on professionals who are responsible for leading policy, strategy and services in their organisation. You will study the key management disciplines within a healthcare context; including business planning and finance, project and operations management, healthcare service improvement and leadership. Whether you are a supervisor, manager, policy-maker or a clinician wishing to know more about healthcare management this course will make a significant impact on your current and future career. The MBA in Healthcare course will engages participants through experiential and practical learning, reinforced by theoretical models and real scenarios.
In an increasingly competitive global environment, this MBA provides health care managers, leaders and senior practitioners with an opportunity to develop their organisational, business and management skills to enhance their self-awareness and inter-professional skills.
Course Length: 1 years;
Start dates: January, May, September
- Operations and Project Management
- Research Applications in Global Business
- Global Marketing Management
- International Human Resource Management
- Business Strategy – A Global Approach
- Driving Quality Improvement in Healthcare Professional Practice
- Enquiry into Healthcare Professional Practice
- Managing Healthcare Finance
- Public Health
- Postgraduate Major Project
* The units can vary, depending on the optional modules which your institution will choose for the course structure.
The student is assessed through assignments, presentations and examinations to measure student progress, along with an innovative Case Study Major Project that takes place instead of the traditional dissertation. The Major Project involves the detailed research, analysis and reporting of a healthcare organisation and its commercial issues.
As an MBA graduate in the field of healthcare there are many opportunities for employment within a highly successful and constantly growing industry. Healthcare systems today face unprecedented complexity – rising costs, economic inefficiencies, changing technologies, and increased regulation. These factors are increasing demand for leaders who can navigate the rapidly evolving economic and regulatory landscape and help address healthcare’s most urgent challenges. Healthcare is a rapidly growing, rapidly changing sector. Those factors, plus an aging population, translate into increased demand and job opportunities for skilled healthcare administrators.
Example of job opportunities for an MBA Healthcare graduate:
- Hospital Administrator
- Research and Development Business Manager
- Talent Acquisition Consultant
- Healthcare Service Director
- Oncology Coordinator
- Vice President of Clinical Services
- Revenue Management Analyst
- Nurse Manager
- Nursing Home Administrator
- Director of nursing
- Physician Relations Liaison
- Sourcing Executive
- Pharmaceutical Project Manager
- Pharmaceutical Health Care Manager
- Quality Manager
- Hospital CEO/CFO
- Clinical director/manager
- Health Provider IT Associate
- Medical device/pharmaceutical sales representative
- Medical records manager/coordinator
- Field Strategist
- Operations Planner
- Portfolio Manager
- Programme Lead
- Project Manager
- Head of Department
- Facility manager
- Surgery Manager
- Executive Compensation Consultant
- Ambulatory Project Manager
- Ambulatory Care Centre Manager
- Assistant administrator
- Hospice Director
- Policy Researcher
- Healthcare Business Consultant
- Health Policy Analyst
- Heath Information Manager
- Health and social service manager
- Director of Assisted Living
- Mental Health Facility Director, CEO, CFP, Administrator or Manager
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Administrator
- Medical Office Manager
- Rehabilitation Centre Director/ Manager
- Applicants are required to submit proof of Bachelor Degree Diploma;
- For candidates with over 5 years’ experience at a managerial level but without an undergraduate degree the programme leader will review applicants based upon their suitability for the course;
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language;
- Applicants must bring their original certificates when coming for registration;
The Tuition Fee of the course will vary depending on the institution you wish to study in, as well as your status in the UK. The course is available for UK/EU and International Students as well. Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
This programme has been designated by the UK government for Student Finance, which means that UK/EU students may apply for Student Loans. If you are a UK or EU postgraduate student, you can apply for funding from the government. You do not have to pay your tuition fees up front if this is your first degree – you can get a tuition fee loan up to £10,000 to cover your full course fees. You only start to pay back your student loan after you finish studying and are earning over £21,000 a year.