The Business Studies BA/BSc (Hons) Top-Up course will enable you to develop a critical understanding of ethical principles and practice and an awareness of effective management practice. You will build on your all-round knowledge of business including organisational theory, business models, and factors that underpin a firm’s ability to deliver on the triple bottom line.
It will prepare you for careers in business by developing your systematic, analytical and integrated understanding of key aspects of business.
You will learn about organisations, business and management and the changing external environment in which organisations operate. The programme usually enables associate membership of the Chartered Management Institute.
The Business Studies BA/BSc (Hons) Top-Up course is an exciting programme of study that has been designed to help you meet the many challenges of managing in the complex and dynamic world of business. Throughout the course, you will study a variety of different topics, each designed to develop your understanding of business and build the key skills that today’s employers expect from top-calibre graduate recruits.
With a broad range of optional modules on offer and the opportunity to pick a specialism, you can tailor the course to match your personal interests and professional needs by giving you the information, the tools, the techniques and the experience needed to devise creative solutions to the full range of business problems; this course gives you a real foot in the door of this competitive world. Throughout the course you’ll develop a critical understanding of ethical principles and practice and an awareness of effective management practice and you’ll gain an understanding of the many contexts in which business operate. You can expect to study modules covering business ethics, supply chain management and strategic management and leadership to support your future aspirations. This course builds on your existing knowledge and prepares you for roles in sales, finance, general management and the public sector.
Course Length: 1 year;
Start dates: January / May / September;
A degree in business can lead to a career in business leadership and management as well as the opportunity to further develop your business knowledge through postgraduate study. Upon graduation you could enter a career in consultancy, marketing, health management, human resource management or operations management, as well as having the skills to set up your own business.
You can further your career in professions such as:
- Sales Manager
- Human Resources Officer
- HR Manager
- Corporate Investment Banker
- Management Consultant
- Risk Manager
- Logistics And Distribution Manager
- Marketing Executive Manager
- Systems Analyst
- Administrative Services Manager
- Training And Development Manager
- Management Consultant
- General Manager
- General And Operations Manager
- Account Executive/Manager
- Accountancy Technician
- Business Development Manager
- Business Analyst
- Financial Services Sales Agent
- Financial Adviser
- Health Service Manager
- Insurance Claims Officer
- Investment Analyst
- Marketing Assistant
- Personal Assistant
- Quantity Surveyor
- Retail Manager
- Small Business Adviser
- Trading Standards Officer
- Transport Manager
- Sales Manager
- Chief Executive Officer
- The (Top-Up) course is designed for applicants holding a Level 5 qualification such as a Higher National Diploma, or other equivalents or have completed the second year of a relevant and comparable degree;
- Applicants must have a relevant HND or a foundation degree with 240 credits in any Business and/or Management related areas;
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language;
- Qualifications are checked before enrolment by the institution where you’ll apply;
- Students must bring their original diploma when coming for registration;
- Supporting Study in the UK
- Academic and Career Development
- Culture and Organisations
- Strategic Supply Chain Management
- Contemporary Issues in Business
- Strategic Management and Corporate Responsibility
- Global Marketing and Communication
* The units can vary, depending on the optional modules which your institution will choose for the course structure.
The course will be taught using a variety of teaching and learning strategies to encourage and develop your independent learning skills. You will be assessed based on a combination of examinations, coursework and a project. The project is supported by taught sessions on research methods. It allows you to select a topic of interest to you and engage in academic research to deepen and apply the theoretical knowledge you have gained throughout the course.
After completing your undergraduate degree, if you decide to enhance your career prospects even further you can apply for a postgraduate Master program. For more information regarding progression please contact Atlantic London.
The Tuition Fee of the course will vary depending on the institution you wish to study in, as well as your status in the UK. The course is available for UK/EU and International Students as well. Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
Government Funds – Student Finance England
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite stay, you can receive support from the government via Student Loan Company to cover tuition fees and some living costs while studying, depending on your circumstances. Tuition fee loans, to cover the full cost of your course, are paid directly to the course provider. Maintenance loans can be applied for at the same time, lending you money at the start of each term. You won’t have to pay back the loan until after your course, when you’re earning above a certain level. Students can still apply for grants if they’re eligible for certain benefits, disabled, or need help with childcare costs.