BA (Hons) Events and Entertainment management degree has been created to provide students with a variety of options. Whether you want to concentrate on studying event management in theory or to gain practical skills as an entrepreneur, you can tailor a programme that suits you the best.
Led by experienced tutors in the industry, you will study all aspects of event management – logistics, human resources, legal, marketing and finance – as well as gaining the practical skills on how to create events from the conception stage all the way up to the conclusion.
This course will offer you the possibility of working across a range of fields upon graduation, including music, arts, fashion, and corporate events. Furthermore, you will also gain transferable skills in presentation, pitching, collaboration, research, time-management, self-management, which are highly sought-after in many industries.
The Events and Entertainment Management course will prepare you for the last fast-paced world of planning and managing events so you will be ready to kick-start a rewarding career.
Course Length: 3 years / 4 years including Foundation year;
Start dates: October;
- Event planner
- Wedding planner
- Event space or venue manager
- Donor or sponsorship coordinator
- Catering services manager
- Event social media coordinator
- Staff or volunteer coordinator
- Marketing or communications manager
- Head of events and reservations
- Creative marketing and events manager
- Minimum Age: 18 years old
- Applicants are required to submit proof of prior certification (i.e., Secondary School Diploma/Baccalaureate/Level 3 qualification) and/or relevant work experience.
- Applications from mature candidates without formal qualifications are welcomed if they could demonstrate appropriate levels of relevant ability and experience.
- If you are unable to meet the entry requirements for this course you may still be eligible for our Foundation year course. This is an extra year of study to prepare you for the full degree.
- Overseas learners must demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of English language.
- Applicants must bring their original certificates at the moment of registration.
- Higher education skills and competencies
- Contemporary business issues in a globalised environment
- Information technology for business use
- Introduction to critical academic thinking
- Organisational behaviour and the management of people
- Introduction to organisational management
- Business management project
- Study skills for the service sector
- Fundamentals of events
- Staging events
- Impacts of festivals and events
- Experiencing events
- Marketing and business for the service sector
- Research methods for the service sector
- Managing the event
- MICE: meetings, incentives, conferences and exhibitions
- Events fieldwork
- Consultancy for the visitor economy
- Exploring human resource management for the service sector
- Contemporary issues in events
- Service quality
- Leadership and management for the service sector
- Professional development for the service sector
- Digital technologies in the visitor economy
The course is assessed in terms of practice through assessments including practical implementations, reports, essays, presentations, group work and examinations. Most modules are designed to develop problem solving techniques and interpersonal skills and many provide the opportunity for group work
After completing your undergraduate degree, if you decide to enhance your career prospects even further you can apply for a postgraduate Master program. For more information regarding progression please contact Atlantic London.
The Tuition Fee of the course may vary depending on the institution you have chosen, as well as your status in the UK. The course is available for UK/EU and International Students as well.
Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
Government Funds – Student Finance England
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite stay, you can receive support from the government via Student Loan Company to cover tuition fees and some living costs while studying, depending on your circumstances.
Tuition fee loans, which cover the full cost of your course, are paid directly to the course provider.