The BA/BSc (Hons) Business and Management Human Resource degree is ideal for students who are interested in a career in managing corporate human resources, management and skills training, management recruitment or HRM consultancy. Study how organisations can succeed through the effective management of people on this career-focused course. You learn a broad range of core business skills and gain specialist knowledge of human resource management and the HR profession.
This degree provides you with a foundation in fundamental business concepts, practices and methods, with the opportunity to follow a general business pathway alongside a specialised focus on Human Resource Management.
The BA/BSc (Hons) Business and Management Human Resource course is designed to provide you with an insight into the day-to-day life of a HR practitioner, develop your commercial awareness and understanding, to ensure that you develop skills and experience that you can take to the workplace and gain the latest research-informed knowledge and insights.
Your HR awareness is underpinned by learning about core related business areas including marketing, finance, strategic planning and law – all within a HR context. The range of topics you study equips you for a successful career in a diverse range of roles and business areas.
We also focus on developing your practical and technical HR skills alongside your knowledge and understanding. For example, in a first year assessment, you work as a team to plan and build a HR intranet site for an organisation.
The course introduces you to different business functions and provides a broad perspective on the global business environment. With a specialism towards human resource management (HRM) you will also learn both theory and practice behind people management. You will learn to apply organisational psychology and sociology theory to understand different aspects of HRM, and to deepen your understanding of essential management skills such as coaching, mentoring and developing talent. This course opens up a range of further career opportunities in human resource management and more broadly in consultancy and management in either public, private or third sector organisations.
Course Length: 3 years / 4 years including Foundation year;
Start dates: January / May / September;
This course gives you the abilities, information and experience to enter an extensive variety of human asset related vocations in both general society and private part. You additionally pick up the business ability that gives a noteworthy preferred standpoint to your HR profession, and in addition opening up more broad vocations in business. Regular parts incorporate retail, fabricating, the car business, nourishment and drink, pharmaceuticals and medicinal services, utilities, chemicals, development, foundations, keeping money, bookkeeping, protection, or the common administration.
You can further your career in professions such as:
- Benefits analyst
- Human resource officer
- HR Administrator
- HR Entrepreneur
- HR Manager/Assistant
- Personnel adviser
- Recruitment consultant
- Employment, Recruitment and Placement Specialists
- Training and development coordinator
- Media assistant
- Front line manager
- HR recruiter
- Customer service associate
- Account executive
- Operations manager
- Human Resources Executive
- Training & Development Manager
- Employee Education Consultant
- Executive Recruiter
- Human resource information system specialist
- Development and Training Specialist
- Recruiting and Placement Manager
- Compensation and Benefits Manager
- Employee and Labour Relations Supervisor
- Employee Assistance Plan Manager
- Health, Safety, and Security Specialist
- Minimum Age: 18 years old;
- Applicants are required to submit proof of prior certificated learning (e.g. Secondary School Diploma/Baccalaureate/Level 3 qualification) and/or relevant work experience;
- Applications from mature candidates without formal qualifications are welcomed provided they could demonstrate appropriate levels of relevant ability and experience.
- If you are unable to meet the entry requirements for this course you may still be eligible for our Foundation year course. This is an extra year of study to prepare you for the full degree.
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language.
- Applicants must bring their original certificates when coming for registration;
- Academic Skills
- Economics for Managers
- Global Business Environment
- Introduction to Accounting and Finance
- Introduction to Organisations and Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Business Analytics
- People and Organisations
- Business Law
- Business Research Methods
- Developing HR Professional Practice and Using Information
- Human Resources Management in Context
- Managing Human Resources and Improving Organisational Performance
- Project Management
- Strategic Management
- Career Management and Employability
- Employee Relations
- Employment Law
- International and Comparative HRM
- Leadership in Contemporary Organisations
- Reward Management
- Undergraduate Major Project
* The units can vary, depending on the chosen pathway or optional modules which your institution will choose for the course structure.
Showing techniques center around dynamic understudy learning through courses, workshops, issue based and mixed getting the hang of (counting bunch work) intended to connect with your advantage. Evaluation strategies may incorporate articles, reports, introductions, contextual investigations, recordings, podcasts, wikis, online journals and blurbs, and additionally time-compelled in-class tests and exams.
In the wake of finishing your college degree, on the off chance that you choose to upgrade your profession prospects much further you can apply for a postgraduate Master program. For more data with respect to movement please contact Atlantic London.
The Tuition Fee of the course will vary depending on the institution you wish to study in, as well as your status in the UK. The course is available for UK/EU and International Students as well. Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
Government Funds – Student Finance England
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite stay, you can receive support from the government via Student Loan Company to cover tuition fees and some living costs while studying, depending on your circumstances. Tuition fee loans, to cover the full cost of your course, are paid directly to the course provider. Maintenance loans can be applied for at the same time, lending you money at the start of each term. You won’t have to pay back the loan until after your course, when you’re earning above a certain level. Students can still apply for grants if they’re eligible for certain benefits, disabled, or need help with childcare costs.