The BA/BSc (Hons) International Tourism and Hospitality Management course will help you to develop your understanding of global trends, management strategies and the interconnectivity that exists between the travel, tourism and hospitality industries. This course gives you the skills and knowledge you need to maximise your employability in the global service industries of tourism and hospitality.
Sharpen your business skills and prepare for a career in international hospitality and tourism with this intensive one-year course. Designed as a (Top-Up) for students who have a relevant foundation degree or higher national diploma (or equivalent), you will graduate with a BA/BSc (Hons) degree. This course is ideal if you want to pursue a career in the hospitality and tourism sectors. You will develop essential business knowledge and the skills to succeed in these fast-moving industries. You will also learn how to analyse problems, make good business decisions and communicate with colleagues and customers.
The BA/BSc (Hons) International Tourism and Hospitality Management course is the ideal first-step towards a management career in tourism, where the opportunities are vast from hotels and accommodation to airlines and cruise ships, resorts, attractions, and tour operators.
Throughout the course, you develop skills to enhance your employability for when you graduate, as well as the personal and academic skills to help you study successfully while you are here. It includes a major project related to your selected topic of international tourism and/or hospitality management. The project needs to demonstrate the skills expected of degree-level students, including a clear argument, rigorous data, critical analysis and solid conclusions.
Course Length: 1 years;
Start dates: January / May / September
- International Tourism and Hospitality Management Major Project
- Strategic Planning for Tourism and Leisure
- Urban Tourism
- E Tourism
- International Hospitality Management
- Applied Research Methods for the Hospitality Sector
* The units can vary, depending on the optional modules which your institution will choose for the course structure.
Teaching methods include lectures, seminars, workshops, group work, field work and e-learning. There is an emphasis on developing independent study skills. You will have opportunities to present ideas and information to other students and also develop concepts and analyses within groups. Assessment methods include written coursework, projects, presentations, practical exercises, time-constrained examinations and the major project.
After completing your undergraduate degree, if you decide to enhance your career prospects even further you can apply for a postgraduate Master program. For more information regarding progression please contact Atlantic London.
- Many of our graduates go on to work in managerial roles within the tourism and hospitality industry. Employers include hotels, airlines, travel agencies, event’s organisers, heritage attractions, Local authorities and other public sector bodies.You can further your career in professions such as:
- Event Manager
- Event & Conference Organiser
- Advertising And Public Relations Manager
- Corporate Sales Manager
- Group Sales Manager
- Wedding Coordinator
- Resort Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Banquet Manager
- Catering Manager
- Hotel Manager
- HR Manager
- Sales And Marketing Coordinator/Manager
- Airline Manager
- Theme Park Marketer
- Destination Marketer
- Tour Planner
- Travel Guide/Agent
- Ecotourism Consultant
- Holiday Representative
- Tour Manager
- Executive Chef
- Public Relations Manager
- Tourism Officer
- Casino Manager
- Tourist Information Centre Manager
- Travel Agency Manager
- Customer Service Manager
- Outdoor Activities/Education Manager
- Visitor Attraction Manager
- Service Manager
- Marketing Executive/Manager
- Hospitality Or Tourism Consultant
- Leisure Activity Co-Ordinator
- The (Top-Up) course is designed for applicants holding a Level 5 qualification such as a Higher National Diploma, or other equivalents or have completed the second year of a relevant and comparable degree;
- Applicants must have a relevant HND or a foundation degree with 240 credits in any Business and/or Management related areas;
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language;
- Qualifications are checked before enrolment by the institution where you’ll apply;
- Students must bring their original diploma when coming for registration;
The Tuition Fee of the course will vary depending on the institution you wish to study in, as well as your status in the UK. The course is available for UK/EU and International Students as well. Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite stay, you can receive support from the government via Student Loan Company to cover tuition fees and some living costs while studying, depending on your circumstances. Tuition fee loans, to cover the full cost of your course, are paid directly to the course provider. Maintenance loans can be applied for at the same time, lending you money at the start of each term. You won’t have to pay back the loan until after your course, when you’re earning above a certain level. Students can still apply for grants if they’re eligible for certain benefits, disabled, or need help with childcare costs.