The BA/BSc(Hons) International Hospitality and Tourism Management Bachelor degree program is for those with a passion for crossing continents and cultures. Seekers of this degree are adventurous individuals with a strong desire to interact with people from around the world. They want to understand the cultural and personal needs of travellers so that they can provide them with the most fulfilling experience. Talented professionals in international hospitality and tourism management are responsible for creating the positive memories tourists remember for a lifetime.
An explosive growth of leisure, travel and tourism over the past decade has led to an inevitable global expansion of the hospitality and tourism industries which has made a significant contribution to national and global economies. This, in turn, has identified the need for well-educated, innovative managers. The hospitality and tourism industries have evolved in many different ways and are characterised by growth, diversity, vitality and dynamic change.
This course offers you an understanding of the nature of the product itself; an understanding of the political, economic and social context, within which the production and consumption of these products and services take place; an understanding of the management and organisation involved in the provision and consumption of the hospitality and tourism products and services; and a range of specialist applications and skills such as law and understanding of the research process.
The BA/BSc(Hons) International Tourism and Hospitality Management course is designed to meet the needs of a dynamic sector, this programme blends a core of business and management studies with specific, specialised modules that draw on our extensive experience in hospitality and tourism. Through the business modules, you will explore the key approaches and techniques vital to managing and running an international business.
During the programme you will also develop wider skills in communication, team working, problem solving, application of number, use of information technology, and improving your own learning and work performance. These will not only help you launch your career but also provide a framework for life-long learning.
Course Length: 3 years / 4 years including Foundation year;
Start dates: January / May / September;
The IT Management program prepares students for technology, networking, and information management careers in business, finance, telecommunication, government, and education.
You can further your career in professions such as:
- Information Technology Manager
- IT Project Manager
- System Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Project Management
- Event Management
- Systems Engineer
- Applications Developer
- Technology Project Manager
- Telecommunications Specialist
- Information Systems Manager/Analyst
- Information technology specialist
- Information Network Administrator
- Mobile application developer
- Network engineer
- Network specialist
- Application Developer
- Computer Specialist
- Computer system technician
- Data Communications Analyst
- Database Administrator/Analyst
- Communication Analyst
- Programmer Analyst
- Database Analyst
- Network Analyst
- Security Analyst
- Security Risk Assessor And Manager
- Computer Resource Manager
- Computer Trainer/Support
- IT Sales And Marketing Specialist
- Business Process Engineer
- IT Security Specialist
- Minimum Age: 18 years old;
- Applicants are required to submit proof of prior certificated learning (e.g. Secondary School Diploma/Baccalaureate/Level 3 qualification) and/or relevant work experience;
- Applications from mature candidates without formal qualifications are welcomed provided they could demonstrate appropriate levels of relevant ability and experience.
- If you are unable to meet the entry requirements for this course you may still be eligible for our Foundation year course. This is an extra year of study to prepare you for the full degree.
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language.
- Applicants must bring their original certificates when coming for registration;
- Business Performance
- Data Modelling and Databases
- Enhancing Personal Leadership
- Introduction to Systems Development
- Project Management
- Understanding People in Organisations
- Decision Support Systems
- Managing the Dynamic Organisation
- Systems Development
- ITMB Team Project
- The Corporate IT Landscape
- Business Simulation
- Final Year Project
- IT Business Analysis
- Organisational Transformation and Strategic IT
- Principles and Practices of Leadership and Management
- Enterprise Strategy and Concepts
- Commercial Management of IT
* The units can vary, depending.
The Tuition Fee of the course will vary depending on the institution you wish to study in, as well as your status in the UK. The course is available for UK/EU and International Students as well. Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
Government Funds – Student Finance England
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite stay, you can receive support from the government via Student Loan Company to cover tuition fees and some living costs while studying, depending on your circumstances. Tuition fee loans, to cover the full cost of your course, are paid directly to the course provider. Maintenance loans can be applied for at the same time, lending you money at the start of each term. You won’t have to pay back the loan until after your course, when you’re earning above a certain level. Students can still apply for grants if they’re eligible for certain benefits, disabled, or need help with childcare costs.