The BA (Hons) Fashion Media and promotion is particularly designed for those interested in a career as a fashion communicator, media professional, or fashion promoter in the fast-paced fashion industry. The course has been created to assist students in developing their own personal style and to train them for a variety of exciting careers in the fashion industry.
The program will prepare you to examine global shifts in fashion from an intellectual, legal, and technical standpoint and is awarded by TEF Gold Institute the University for the Creative Arts.
Styling, photography, and picture-making, as well as artistic direction, conceptual installations, and schemes, moving image, retail and marketing, exhibitions, exhibits and curation will be emphasised. Furthermore, the fashion engagement and promotion component of this BA curriculum will improve the ability to engage with markets by examining innovative written material for multimedia and print media.
Students will have the opportunity to refine their talents and specialise in one field of fashion media and advertising with a thorough study of each stage of the fashion industry, from high street stores to premium brands. Students will have the transferable skills required to succeed in today’s ever-changing fashion landscape and leave their mark as a pioneering fashion communicator at the end of this course.
Course Length: 3 years / 4 years including Foundation year;
Start dates: January / April / August / September;
The scope of this fashion course enables graduates to secure a range of positions at different levels of the industry, such as:
- Design co-ordinator
- Pattern cutter
- Fashion technologist/sourcing
- Product development
- Business start-up/ entrepreneur
- Visual merchandiser
- Retail management
- Range planning
- Public relations/promotion
- Press and the media
- Event’s organiser
- Fashion designer
- Retail manager
- Magazine journalist
- Public relations officer
- Marketing communications
- Fashion business management
- Textile development and marketing
- Cosmetics and fragrance marketing
- Accessories and jewellery design and marketing
- Apparel design and production
- Fashion branding and promotion
- Fashion magazines
- Fashion show production
- Fashion forecasting
- Minimum Age: 18 years old
- Applicants are required to submit proof of prior certification (i.e., Secondary School Diploma/Baccalaureate/Level 3 qualification) and/or relevant work experience.
- Applications from mature candidates without formal qualifications are welcomed if they could demonstrate appropriate levels of relevant ability and experience.
- If you are unable to meet the entry requirements for this course you may still be eligible for our Foundation year course. This is an extra year of study to prepare you for the full degree.
- Overseas learners must demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of English language.
- Applicants must bring their original certificates at the moment of registration.
- Exploring practices: Process, Materials & Techniques.
- English for Academic Purposes, Research & Study Skills
- Investigating Specialist Practice
- Visual Culture
- Final Major Project
- Brands: Past, Present & Future
- Fashion Styling & Identity
- Fashion Media & Publishing
- Fashion Film & Marketing
- Digital Media & Branding
- Fashion Film
- Digital Branding
- Creative Direction for the Fashion industry
Research, Theory & Practice
The course is assessed in terms of practice through assessments including practical implementations, reports, essays, presentations, group work and examinations. Most modules are designed to develop problem solving techniques and interpersonal skills and many provide the opportunity for group work
After completing your undergraduate degree, if you decide to enhance your career prospects even further you can apply for a postgraduate Master program. For more information regarding progression please contact Atlantic London.
The Tuition Fee of the course may vary depending on the institution you have chosen, as well as your status in the UK. The course is available for UK/EU and International Students as well.
Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
Government Funds – Student Finance England
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite stay, you can receive support from the government via Student Loan Company to cover tuition fees and some living costs while studying, depending on your circumstances.
Tuition fee loans, which cover the full cost of your course, are paid directly to the course provider.