Tourism and Hospitality Management Master Degree | Tourism and hospitality are expanding global industries resulting in an increased demand for skilled managers to lead and develop international organisations. The focus is to actively encourage students to apply management principles and concepts in the context of contemporary national and international tourism and hospitality management. Take the opportunity to study the related areas of tourism and hospitality within a single programme to ensure you have the tools to become a confident and high executive level manager in the international tourism and hospitality sector.
This Tourism and Hospitality Management Master Degree prepares you for management within various sectors of the worldwide tourism and hospitality industry. You will have the chance to develop a set of industry relevant analytical tools that can equip graduates for leadership and management positions. You build a strong theoretical and practical foundation by studying both business management modules, and tourism and hospitality modules.
You learn to apply and critically challenge your understanding of the industries in practical contexts, particularly in the work-related learning module and during your industry placement. You also critically examine the sustainability of the international hospitality and tourism industries. Throughout the course enhance your employability skills, such as communications and team-working, which are vital for rapid career development.
This postgraduate course is designed to cater for local and international professionals within the industry who wish to gain the necessary qualifications and theoretical awareness to enabling you to advance your careers or operations. It will also appeal to recent international and home graduates who wish to acquire the specialist knowledge and qualifications necessary in order to manage tourism operations.
The Tourism and Hospitality Management master degree will equip you with the knowledge you need to successfully operate an international tourism business while integrating hospitality management skills and contributes towards professional accreditation with the Institute of Hospitality.
Course Length: 1 year;
Start dates: January / May / September;
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to move into a wide variety of areas within the industry, specialising in areas such as human resources, marketing, public relations and financial management within hotel, resort and event management organisations. Master in Tourism and Hospitality Management provides several national and international job opportunities to its students. Some of the significant segments for job opportunities are as follows:
- Travel agencies
- State tourism development corporations
- Tour operators
- Hotel/ resort and other service sectors
- Food craft institutes
- Hospital and institutional catering
- Shipping and cruise lines
- Shipping and cruise lines
- International and national food chains
- Facilities management service providers
- Airline and railway travel
- Conferences and conventions centres
- Tourist offices and ministries of tourism
- Spas and wellness centres
- Cruise companies
- Event management
- Catering companies
- Bars and private clubs
- Concert and theatre venues
- Museums and other cultural venues
- Theme parks
- Fitness clubs and sports organisations (such as gyms, golf clubs, and tennis facilities)
- Real estate management companies
- Hotel development and construction
- Manufacturers and suppliers of hospitality equipment
Example of job opportunities for graduate with a Master Degree in Tourism and Hospitality:
- Restaurant Entrepreneur
- Resort Coordinator
- Hotel Manager
- Front Desk Supervisor
- Recreation Directors
- Associate Meeting Planner
- Banquet Manager or Server
- Catering Manager
- Convention and Meetings Manager
- Event Coordinator
- Restaurant Manager
- Director Of Food And Beverage
- Gaming Consultant
- Casino Manager
- Financial Consultant
- Resort General Manager
- Marketing Strategy Consultant
- Hospitality Information Systems Manager
- Lodging Manager
- Food Service Manager
- Corporate Travel Desk Manager
- District Manager
- Facilities Management Services
- Cruise Ship Captain
- Ship Officer
- Cruise Line Director
- Meeting And Convention Services Manager
- Director Of Events
- Director Of Catering
- Applicants are required to submit proof of Bachelor Degree Diploma;
- For candidates with over 5 years’ experience at a managerial level but without an undergraduate degree the programme leader will review applicants based upon their suitability for the course;
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language;
- Applicants must bring their original certificates when coming for registration;
- Tourism Concepts and Issues
- Critical Theories and Methods For Tourism, Hospitality and Events
- Hospitality Management Studies
- Tourism and Hospitality Major Project
- Current Practices In Tourism, Hospitality and Events
* The units can vary, depending on the optional modules which your institution will choose for the course structure.
We use a wide variety of teaching and learning methods which include lectures, seminars, study visits and group work. These are supported by a range of guest speakers from diverse academic and industry backgrounds.
Compared to an undergraduate course, you will find that this Masters course requires a higher level of independent working. Assessment methods include essays, exams, presentations, portfolios of evidence and a dissertation.
The Tuition Fee of the course will vary depending on the institution you wish to study in, as well as your status in the UK. The course is available for UK/EU and International Students as well. Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
Government Funds – Student Finance England
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite stay, who wants to apply for a postgraduate course you can receive support from the government via Student Loan Company. If you’re starting a master’s degree, you could get a Postgraduate Master’s Loan of up to £10,609 to help with course fees and living costs. You won’t have to pay back the loan until after your course, when you’re earning above a certain level.