BA (Hons) illustration course will enable students to learn their own illustrative style and be prepared for a variety of roles in the industry through existing industry connections, well-equipped design studios, and access to facilities, for animation, book creation, digital printing, photography, printmaking, and film.
Across this degree program, students will refine their craft. Not only they will gain new skills, but they’ll also learn how to communicate their thoughts in the workplace, in a group environment, and to potential employers. They will learn through studio-based assignments, seminars, monthly lectures, and community feedback, with a heavy emphasis on visual storytelling and documentary.
What the Illustration programme has to offer
We are dedicated to offering programmes that provide students with not only theoretical expertise but also practical experience. As a result, students will be participating in shows, live campaigns, and external competitions, all of which will contribute to the value of their portfolio. Furthermore, students will also have the opportunity to participate in workshops, pop-up exhibitions, guest speakers and outside tours.
Course Length: 3 years / 4 years including Foundation year;
Start dates: June;
- Concept artist
- Graphic designer
- Multimedia programmer
- Production designer, theatre/television/film
- Advertising account executive
- Arts administrator
- Fashion designer
- Fine artist
- Higher education lecturer
- Special effects technician
- Textile designer
- VFX artist
- Web desginer
- Minimum Age: 18 years old
- Applicants are required to submit proof of prior certification (i.e., Secondary School Diploma/Baccalaureate/Level 3 qualification) and/or relevant work experience.
- Applications from mature candidates without formal qualifications are welcomed if they could demonstrate appropriate levels of relevant ability and experience.
- If you are unable to meet the entry requirements for this course you may still be eligible for our Foundation year course. This is an extra year of study to prepare you for the full degree.
- Overseas learners must demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of English language.
- Applicants must bring their original certificates at the moment of registration.
- Exploring practices: Process, Materials & Techniques.
- English for Academic Purposes, Research & Study Skills
- Investigating Specialist Practice
- Visual Culture
- Final Major Project
- Professional Practice 1: Destination
- Context and Theory
- Professional Practice 2: Platform
- Critical Analysis and Research
- Responding to External Briefs
- Professional Practice 3: Launch
- Major Project
- Illustration Dissertation
The course is assessed in terms of practice through assessments including practical implementations, reports, essays, presentations, group work and examinations. Most modules are designed to develop problem solving techniques and interpersonal skills and many provide the opportunity for group work.
After completing your undergraduate degree, if you decide to enhance your career prospects even further you can apply for a postgraduate Master program. For more information regarding progression please contact Atlantic London.
The Tuition Fee of the course may vary depending on the institution you have chosen, as well as your status in the UK. The course is available for UK/EU and International Students as well.
Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
Government Funds – Student Finance England
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite stay, you can receive support from the government via Student Loan Company to cover tuition fees and some living costs while studying, depending on your circumstances.
Tuition fee loans, which cover the full cost of your course, are paid directly to the course provider.