BSc (Hons) Engineering (Civil) (Top-up) course has a focus on hydraulics, structural design and civil engineering management.
As many students are particularly confident and comfortable utilizing current software and systems within the construction industry, they find the project management, construction and engineering design elements most appropriate to learn in line with their career aspirations and prospects.
Throughout the course students will develop skills in some particular areas such as civil engineering theory, particular structures and infrastructure design.
The program is taught by experienced professionals in the field, using modern techniques and methods and have a focus on some particular key design skills in structures, soil mechanics, geology, fluids, materials and surveying.
It also follows a vocational approach for both teaching and assessments and is informed and directed by the current market requirements.
Course Length: 1 year;
Start dates: September;
- Project manager
- Building or civil engineer (for contractors or consultants)
- Architectural engineer
- Building control surveyor
- CAD technician
- Design engineer
- Site engineer
- Structural engineer
- Water engineer
- Geologist engineer
- Sustainability consultant
- Fire risk assessor
- The (Top-Up) course is designed for applicants with a Level 5 qualification, such as a Higher National Diploma, or other equivalents, or have completed the second year of a relevant degree.
- Applicants must have a relevant HND or a foundation degree with 240 credits in any Business and/or Management related areas.
- Overseas learners must demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of English language
- Applicants must attend an interview with a member of the admission team
- Applicants must bring the original certificates at the moment of registration
- Innovation and sustainable engineering design
- Independent project
- Civil engineering management
- Structural design project
Teaching methods include a mix of lectures, seminars, group-work and e-learning.
You will be taught using a practical approach, such as demonstrations, laboratory sessions and tutorials.
Assessment methods include portfolios of work, case studies, oral and graphic presentations, computer testing and examinations.
After completing your undergraduate degree, if you decide to enhance your career prospects even further, you can apply for a postgraduate Master program.
For more information regarding progression, please contact Atlantic London.
The Tuition Fee of the course may vary depending on the institution you have chosen, as well as your status in the UK. The course is available for UK/EU and International Students as well.
Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
Government Funds – Student Finance England
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite stay, you can receive support from the government via Student Loan Company to cover tuition fees and some living costs while studying, depending on your circumstances.
Tuition fee loans, which cover the full cost of your course, are paid directly to the course provider.
You can apply for a Maintenance loan at the same time, which will help you cover some of your expenses. This loan will be paid directly into your bank account at the start of each term.
You won’t have to pay back the loan until one after your graduation, when you’ll earn over a threshold set by Student Loan.
Students can also apply for other grants subject to availability and eligibility, such as grants for disability, or for childcare costs.