Throughout the BA (Hons) in Fashion Design degree, students will be guided to discover their own fashion design identity and to leave a visible imprint on all of the pieces they design.
From the very first year, students will learn about the cultural, financial, environmental and sustainable factors that shape the fashion industry, as well as learning practical skills that can be applied for a variety of positions. These include drape, fabric manipulation, constructed textile, pattern cutting, garment manufacture and trailers.
Students will also learn how to transform their ideas into marketable items using their drawing and animation skills. Additionally, they will research media, photography and styling, portfolio presentation and computer-aided design.
By the time of the graduation, students will have gained industry expertise and experience through a work placement, as well as a set of transferable skills that will position them as top candidates for a variety of fashion-related jobs.
Course Length: 3 years / 4 years including Foundation year;
Start dates: January / April / August / September;
- The scope of this fashion course enables graduates to secure a range of positions at different levels of the industry, such as:
- Design co-ordinator
- Pattern cutter
- Fashion technologist/sourcing
- Product development
- Business start-up/ entrepreneur
- Visual merchandiser
- Retail management
- Range planning
- Public relations/promotion
- Press and the media
- Event’s organiser
- Fashion designer
- Retail manager
- Magazine journalist
- Public relations officer
- Minimum Age: 18 years old
- Applicants are required to submit proof of prior certification (i.e., Secondary School Diploma/Baccalaureate/Level 3 qualification) and/or relevant work experience.
- Applications from mature candidates without formal qualifications are welcomed if they could demonstrate appropriate levels of relevant ability and experience.
- If you are unable to meet the entry requirements for this course you may still be eligible for our Foundation year course. This is an extra year of study to prepare you for the full degree.
- Overseas learners must demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of English language.
- Applicants must bring their original certificates at the moment of registration.
- Exploring practices: Process, Materials and Techniques
- English for Academic Purposes, Research and Study Skills
- Investigating Specialist Practice
- Visual Culture
- Final Major Project
- Introduction to Design
- Visual Communication
- Creative Cutting and Construction
- Introduction to Fashion History and Theory
- Innovative design practices
- Creative Drape Practice
- Professional Practice
- Theories of Culture, Identity and Communication
- Professional Portfolio
- Final Major Project
The course is assessed in terms of practice through assessments including practical implementations, reports, essays, presentations, group work and examinations. Most modules are designed to develop problem solving techniques and interpersonal skills and many provide the opportunity for group work
After completing your undergraduate degree, if you decide to enhance your career prospects even further you can apply for a postgraduate Master program. For more information regarding progression please contact Atlantic London.
The Tuition Fee of the course may vary depending on the institution you have chosen, as well as your status in the UK. The course is available for UK/EU and International Students as well.
Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
Government Funds – Student Finance England
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite stay, you can receive support from the government via Student Loan Company to cover tuition fees and some living costs while studying, depending on your circumstances.
Tuition fee loans, which cover the full cost of your course, are paid directly to the course provider.