Studying a BA/BSc (Hons) Business and Marketing degree will provide you with a thorough foundation in the key principles of business and marketing while allowing you the opportunity to develop your entrepreneurial skills. The course aims to develop your understanding and skills in marketing functions, principles and practice, enabling you to develop marketing approaches for a range of marketing scenarios across different industry structures. The degree will equip you with the practical skills and enterprising attributes, enabling you to make an immediate impact on business organisations.
What you need to know about Business and Marketing
Today’s businesses are more competitive than ever and are constantly looking for new ideas to keep them ahead of their rivals. Marketing plays a vital role in any organisation activity and is the most crucial factor to the success of any business. Understanding how markets work, how customer behaviours affect their buying decisions while grasping good business management techniques is the key to driving success.
The BA/BSc (Hons) Business and Marketing course will provide you with the opportunity to develop specialist business skills, while helping you develop key transferable skills, all of which will help you stand out when it comes to securing employment. You will be able to develop a wide range of cognitive and intellectual skills, together with competencies specific to business and enterprise. Successful marketing involves understanding what customers want or need, and then delivering an irresistible offer to satisfy them. Key to finding out what customers want or need is to understand how they behave, and this programme has a strong emphasis on understanding consumers.
The marketing elements of this programme will introduce you to the basic principles that deliver good marketing practice. You will learn about consumers, how they behave, and how to ascertain their wants and needs. You will also learn the role of markets and marketing in today’s society. To understand how marketing contributes to the financial health of an organisation, the programme provides an introduction to the principles of accounting. To analyse how whole markets behave, the programme also provides an introduction to economics. As a function within an organisation, marketing must be well managed, and the management component provides a study of organisations along with an appreciation of how management works, and how to build a successful business strategy.
Course Length: 3 years / 4 years including Foundation year;
Start dates: January / May / September;
A business and marketing degree provides you with a critical and reflective understanding of marketing and its relationship with the wider international business environment.
The in-depth understanding our graduates gain in their studies has led to careers in areas as such as consultancy, advertising, digital marketing and project coordination, as well as general management.
You can further your career in professions such as:
- Market researcher
- Marketing executive
- Marketing analyst
- Marketing assistant
- Marketing coordinator
- Marketing strategist
- Digital marketing executive
- Direct marketing executive
- Brand manager/planner
- Sales manager
- Sales promotion marketing executive
- Events coordinator
- Account executive
- Account director/Manager
- Client services manager
- Communications planner
- Data planner
- Media assistant
- Media buyer/planner
- Media account executive
- Campaign manager
- Channel marketing manager
- Customer relationship manager
- Promotions manager
- Production manager
- Research manager
- Business development coordinator
- Sales and events co-ordinator
- Advertising account executive
- Advertising account planner
- Advertising art director
- Advertising copywriter
- Event organiser
- Public affairs consultant
- Public relations account executive
- Public relations office
- Minimum Age: 18 years old;
- Applicants are required to submit proof of prior certificated learning (e.g. Secondary School Diploma/Baccalaureate/Level 3 qualification) and/or relevant work experience;
- Applications from mature candidates without formal qualifications are welcomed provided they could demonstrate appropriate levels of relevant ability and experience.
- If you are unable to meet the entry requirements for this course you may still be eligible for our Foundation year course. This is an extra year of study to prepare you for the full degree.
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language.
- Applicants must bring their original certificates when coming for registration;
- Business Environment
- Business Skills
- Economics for Business
- Business Finance
- Brands and Branding
- Marketing Analysis
- Accounting for Managers (Foundation)
- Economics of Business
- Legal Aspects of Business
- Managing Human Resources
- Principles and Practice of Marketing
- Marketing Communications
- Small Business Enterprise and Planning
- Management and Research Methods
- Cross Cultural Management
- The Customer Experience
- Consumer Behaviour
- Business Strategy
- Business to Business Marketing
- Major Project
- Undergraduate Dissertation
- Strategic Management
- Advertising Strategy and Planning
- Marketing for Small Business
- Environmental Policy
- International Marketing
- International Business
- Business and the Entrepreneur
- Business Responsibility & Sustainability
- Marketing and Management of Innovation
* The units can vary, depending on the chosen pathway or optional modules which your institution will choose for the course structure.
You will be taught through a series of lectures, seminars, tutorials, assignments, exams, individual projects and a management training programme. Assessment will include exams, short-answer questions, essays, in-class tests, verbal presentations, group projects, clinical case studies, reflective portfolios and a dissertation.
After completing your undergraduate degree, if you decide to enhance your career prospects even further you can apply for a postgraduate Master program. For more information regarding progression please contact Atlantic London.
The Tuition Fee of the course will vary depending on the institution you wish to study in, as well as your status in the UK. The course is available for UK/EU and International Students as well. Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
Government Funds – Student Finance England
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite stay, you can receive support from the government via Student Loan Company to cover tuition fees and some living costs while studying, depending on your circumstances. Tuition fee loans, to cover the full cost of your course, are paid directly to the course provider. Maintenance loans can be applied for at the same time, lending you money at the start of each term. You won’t have to pay back the loan until after your course, when you’re earning above a certain level. Students can still apply for grants if they’re eligible for certain benefits, disabled, or need help with childcare costs.